I’m sharing one of our quick and easy dinner ideas as part of a sponsored post with Gwaltney.
Since my boys are involved in so many activities, our nights are often hectic. And there’s always that one night when everything is going on: pick up child 1 from running, beep as I pull in the driveway so child 2 and 3 know to load up in the car (and hope they actually did get themselves ready for their practices). Take child 2 to the soccer field and watch a little bit of his practice. Drive child 3 over to his tennis lesson and watch a few minutes of that before heading back to the soccer field to pick up child 2. Swing back over to the tennis courts to watch the last few minutes of practice before taking all of the kids home.
Are you tired from reading that? Because I know I’m exhausted from doing that. But we find a way to make it work because we like how active our kids are and how they’ve each found activities they love.
But with all that running around, I definitely need to have quick snacks and easy dinner ideas for our family.
One that has been a favorite for a while is Sandwich Muffins. What’s great about these is that they take less than 30 minutes to make (most of that is baking time) and can easily be customized to different family member’s tastes, even in the same batch of muffins. While they taste great right out of the oven, we usually have them cool later in the day or even the next day or two. I’ll share what I used for this latest batch of Sandwich Muffins, but you could easily switch up the meats and cheeses- Gwaltney Honey Ham would be a great option. You can also use more meat and/or cheese than I did, as well. This is a very flexible recipe and can easily be doubled or even tripled to have more sandwich muffins on hand.
- 1 8 count container flaky biscuit dough
- 8 slices Gwaltney Deli Style Roasted White Turkey
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 8 muffin cups or spray with non-stick spray.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters- I like to use my pizza cutter for this.
- Cut each slice of turkey and cheese into quarters as well.
- Take one of the quarters of biscuit dough and pull in half, like you’re going to use it to make a sandwich (which you are- and this is why you want the flaky biscuits because they pull apart easier)
- Add one of the quarters of turkey and one of the quarters of cheese and put them in the middle of the two pieces of the divided biscuit.
- Place that mini sandwich flat on the bottom of your muffin tin.
- Repeat for the other three pieces of biscuit and place those three mini sandwiches on top of the one already in the pan to form your muffin(I place these ones standing up)
- Repeat with the other biscuits.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
However you customize your sandwich muffins, Gwaltney Honey Ham and Roasted White Turkey are made with lean, premium meat and are more than 97% fat free. Last week, while I was with two of our boys at a 5k, my husband wrapped Gwaltney bacon around Gwaltney Hot Dogs for a yummy and quick dinner. Gwaltney Hot Dogs are America’s #1 chicken frank, with 40% less fat than regular franks and the same traditional hot dog taste.
For more easy meal inspiration, recipe ideas, and to find Gwaltney products near you, visit GwaltneyFoods.com. While you’re there, enter for a chance to win either one grand prize of $5,000 worth of groceries or one of three runner-up prizes of $1,000 worth of groceries.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Gwaltney.