This time of year is so chaotic; sometimes it seems impossible to get even the most basic tasks done.
Get the kids to school, get my work done, attend whatever special holiday event is going on at the school, pick up the kids, get them to their practices, sneak in some time to shop, get the kids to bed, realize I have some baking to do, then finally fall into bed.
But in the middle of that chaos, I know I still need to take the time to take care of myself. One of my kids told me last night that he was too tired to even brush his teeth and I know that feeling. But, how gross is that? Brushing teeth and doing “swishies” (using mouthwash) are absolute must-do’s.
Can’t imagine doing all that running around with bad breath, plus we always want to take care of our teeth. Brushing alone actually misses 75 percent of your mouth. That’s why it’s essential to rinse with LISTERINE® Antiseptic in order to reach nearly 100 percent of your mouth and kill the germs that cause plaque, gingivitis and bad breath.
I never really thought about what’s in LISTERINE® mouthwash or why it works so well. I just thought of it as that minty stuff that helps after I eat garlic. Clinical data shows that LISTERINE® Antiseptic reduces 52 percent more plaque and 21 percent more gingivitis than brushing and flossing alone.
Essential Oils in LISTERINE® Antiseptic
- Eucalyptol – Derived from trees usually found in Australia, this essential oil acts as both an antibacterial and anti-fungal agent.
- Menthol – Identical to menthol found in natural corn mint, this essential oil is known for its germ killing properties.
- Thymol – Identical to the thymol in natural thyme and ajowan herb, research continues to demonstrate this essential oil’s effectiveness against bacteria.
- Methyl Salicylate – Identical to the methyl salicylate in natural wintergreen, this essential oil is also often found in chewing gum due to its fresh flavoring properties.
No other branded mouthwash has this unique, fixed combination formula that kills millions of germs on contact, helping keep your mouth healthy and holiday ready. For more information on LISTERINE®mouthwash, its unique essential oil-based formula, and how you can improve your oral health, visit http://www.listerine.com/products-essential-oils.
$100 VISA Gift Card Giveaway
Leave a comment naming the four essential oils found in LISTERINE® mouthwash to enter for your chance to win a $100 VISA Gift Card.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#Listerine” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification e-mail will come directly from BlogHer via the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 12/16/14 – 1/15/15.
Be sure to visit the LISTERINE® brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!