You’ll have to excuse me. I’m giggling thinking that I could ever really do it all.
But like all moms, I have to figure out how to get through the day while juggling my family, a job, the house, and not losing my mind in the process. I have to get everyone where they need to be when they need to be there and with what they need, plus keep track of all my job and personal deadlines.
It’s enough to stress anyone out. Here are the simple things I do every day to enjoy more and stress less:
1. Keep my planner up-to-date. I keep track of what the kids need for school or sports, like remembering which day is pajama day at school and which day is definitely not, and who needs to be picked up from practice at a certain time so they aren’t the last kids waiting around. All these dates, times, and reminders go into my planner as soon as I know about them. This also eliminates the stress of overbooking ourselves.
2. Write a daily to-do list. This keeps me on track and also helps me see the light at the end of the tunnel. Staying organized keeps me from getting frantic. There’s something therapeutic about crossing all those items off my list.
3. Meditate. Think of meditation as a fancy way of saying that I take a few minutes to do absolutely nothing but sit and focus on my breathing. No devices, no noises, no distractions, just quiet. I have advice for the everyperson guide to meditation and yes it includes meditating facing a wall.
4. Hydrate. Dehydration can make you tired, give you a headache, and even cause you to be confused. So I make sure to keep water nearby and drink it on a regular basis. It’s something so small yet effective.
5. Exercise. This is one that tends to slip by the wayside when I’m super busy, but I’ve found that if I make time for it, I don’t get to that antsy-oh-my-gosh-the-world-is-collapsing-around-me level of stress. There are plenty of 10-15 exercise videos if I really don’t have much time or even taking a short walk is helpful.
6. Take RESCUE Pastilles. RESCUE products are natural and homeopathic products that help you stress less, and stay calm and in control. They have a variety of products, but it’s the RESCUE pastilles that I use. They are developed by a doctor and are gentle and safe, non-habit-forming with no side effects. You can find RESCUE products at CVS, Walgreens, Whole Foods, Sprouts and wherever you find natural products. You can get a BOGO coupon for RESCUE products here.
What do you do to be able to “do it all” and stress less?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.