I’m sharing one of our school-day breakfast ideas as part of a sponsored post with Eckrich Smoked Sausage.
I love an easy meal. When it comes to breakfast, my kids tend to grab whatever is handy. There’s no shame in a breakfast of cereal, microwave pancakes, or a granola bar.
But this year, one of my boys leaves the house around 7:30 am and won’t eat lunch until almost 1 pm. I need to feed him something a little heartier, though still have it be quick and easy since none of us are morning people. Getting up earlier to make breakfast isn’t something I can see happening. My son waking up earlier to a sit-down breakfast won’t happen, either.
We need an easy breakfast on the go.
Eckrich Smoked Sausage is perfect to have in the fridge for a delicious breakfast (or lunch or dinner) because it’s extremely versatile and works with anything you have on-hand. Eckrich is made with a signature blend of spices for a rich, flavorful taste and it only takes minutes to heat it up and pair with whatever else sounds good for a hearty breakfast, but it’s also perfect for this Grab and Go Breakfast Muffin. I can make these at night or early in the week to have for an easy breakfast throughout the week.
Not only are they easy to make, but they’re easy to customize, even within the same batch, to meet the tastes of all of my kids (even the really picky one). You can use different kinds of cheeses or add veggies to some and leave them off of others. I made half of mine with provolone cheese and half with cheddar. We’ve put green peppers and onions in half of them and left them out of the other half. But everyone likes the Eckrich Smoked Sausage in this easy breakfast. It truly is a go-to family favorite with its great taste and supreme quality.
Grab and Go Breakfast Muffins
Note: this recipe makes 8 muffins. I like to double it so we have enough for a few breakfasts during the week.
- 8 oz package of Eckrich Smoked Sausage(found in the deli section of the grocery store)
- 8-count container of refrigerated flaky biscuit dough
- 8 deli slices of cheese of your choice
- Veggies of your choice(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare muffin pan with non-stick spray or use muffin liners
- Cut each biscuit into quarters
- Cut Eckrich Smoked Sausage into slices. You can leave them as rounds or cut these in half or even quarters, depending on how much you want to use.
- Take one of the quarters of biscuit dough and pull in half, like you’re going to use it to make a sandwich
- Add a piece of sausage, cheese, and veggies to the middle of the two pieces of the divided biscuit
- Place that mini sandwich flat on the bottom of your muffin tin.
- Repeat for the other three pieces of biscuit and place those three mini sandwiches into that same section of the muffin tip.
- Repeat with the other biscuits.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
I store these in the refrigerator until my kids are ready to eat them. To reheat: microwave for about 30 seconds for a filling breakfast on-the-go.
For more info about Eckrich Smoked Sausage, as well as quick and easy recipes please visit www.eckrich.com.
This is a sponsored post written by me for Eckrich.