Pretty sure every recipe I share has “easy” in the title or can be described that way because that’s what I tend to go for. Maybe especially during the holidays, when there’s always so much to do AND so many occasions to make holiday treats.
You can change the toppings on these easy chocolate truffles to customize them according to your taste. They are only three ingredients, plus whatever toppings you choose. I used various Christmas sprinkles for mine, but you could use crushed nuts, coconut, cocoa, crushed chocolate or vanilla cookies, powdered sugar, crushed candy canes… there are so many different options.
This easy chocolate truffle recipe makes approximately 5 dozen, depending on how big you make them. I used my tablespoon-sized cookie scoop to help me form the truffle balls and got 62. Because these are rich and similiar to fudge, one or two goes a long way. Though no judgement here if you personally chow down on more than that. Holiday stress = stress eating.
If you’re packaging this up and giving them as gifts, I have free printable gift tags for you. Made with love (and clean hands, we promise!)
Easy Chocolate Truffles
- 3 cups (18 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- your choice of coatings
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips ad sweetened condensed milk together.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Cover and let cool until it’s a workable temperature. An hour or two on the counter is fine. Longer or putting in the fridge can result in the mixture getting too hard, which will make it difficult to shape.
- Shape into balls and roll in coating.
- Chill 1 hour or until firm. I store mine in the fridge until ready to serve.
More Easy Christmas Treats