This recipe is part of a sponsored campaign. Love for zucchini and olive oil is all my own.
I’ve loved zucchini forever. I used to eat big platefuls of it fried up with butter, coated in a ton of Parmesan cheese when I was younger than my boys are now.
I still love zucchini, but now I like to try different zucchini recipes. This Crispy Zucchini is easy to make and so good, while the chili lime yogurt dip adds a little kick.
Crispy Zucchini with Chili Lime Yogurt Dip
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 small-medium zucchinis, thinly sliced to 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon your choice of seasoning*
*I used Perfect Pinch Vegetable Seasoning, but you could use paprika or garlic or leave this seasoning off entirely.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- In one bowl, place the flour.
- In another, beat the eggs.
- In a third, combine the Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan, and seasoning(if using)
- Take each zucchini slice, dip into flour, then egg, then bread crumb mixture.
- In batches of about half a dozen(depending on your skillet size), add to the skillet, cook for about one minute on each side.
- Transfer to a paper towel/napkin-lined plate.
- Serve warm.
Chili-Lime Yogurt Dip
Mix 1 cup Greek yogurt, the juice from 1/2 a lime, and 1 tsp chili powder. Though you can eat this immediately, the flavors are a little deeper if you make it ahead of time and store in your fridge for a few hours.
I used Pompeian OlivExtra® California Select for this recipe: with its high smoke point and flavor notes, it’s perfect for sautéing and stir-frying chicken, fish and vegetables. It’s naturally gluten-free, GMO-free, and non-allergenic.
National Olive Oil Month
In honor of National Olive Oil Month this August, the number one selling Extra Virgin Olive Oil in the U.S., Pompeian, is launching the Pompeian Pledge – a call to swap butter for olive oil in everyday recipes. I tend to like to have a recipe on hand, especially for baking, so Pompeian’s Butter to Olive Oil Conversion Chart gives me the confidence to make this easy swap. Or, to learn about their full collection of olive oils, including Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Special Blends, the premium Varietals Collection and more, visit Pompeian.
Take the Pompeian Pledge
One thousand fans who sign up to take the Pompeian Pledge will be randomly selected to receive a gift from Pompeian(a free movie redemption code and a coupon for a free bottle of olive oil), plus every week 5 additional fans who have pledged will win a fun prize pack on Pompeian’s timeline.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf Pompeian.