I’m sharing our latest sports experience, sponsored by Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats®.
This Spring, my family added another sport to our already busy schedule: baseball.
My 6 year-old loves it: learning a new game, new skills, and his favorite, getting his turn at bat.
But while he’s having a blast playing baseball and intently watches the game…
What to pack in your baseball bag
While my baseball player knows all he needs for the game and takes care of packing his own bag, I need to have a bag for the bleachers, with all the spectators in my family need(and to possibly share with other siblings of the players). While we always toss in bug spray, sunscreen, and wipes, just to keep everyone comfortable, here’s what we back to try to keep boredom away:
- Blanket: there’s not always room in the bleachers and it gets a little unwieldy to bring chairs for everyone. Plus, other kids can sit with mine this way.
- Card Games/Puzzle Games: quieter activities that will keep my kids busy. Some they can do on their own, some they can invite other kids to play with them.
- Books: we always encourage reading, so why not use some of the wait time to read?
- Ball: usually a soccer ball or kickball so the kids can kick it around or make up some game with rules I could never quite follow but they completely understand
- Bubbles: they have fun blowing them and other kids have fun chasing them
- Drinks: it’s hot out there already, so we bring juice pouches and water bottles
- Snacks: since we can often be at the field for almost 3 hours for a game, my kids will get hungry. Our choice is the packaged Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats®.
Play Catch with Cal
Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats®, Major League Baseball® and legendary shortstop Cal Ripken, Jr., are teaming up to help families unlock the fun this baseball season with their favorite snack. All you have to do is pick up a box of specially-marked Rice Krispies Treats and enter the promotion code for your chance to win and get to play a game of catch with Cal Ripken, during the 2015 MLB All-Star Week.
For your chance to “Play Catch with Cal,” collect and redeem codes on specially marked boxes of Rice Krispies Treats® at http://www.KelloggsFamilyRewards.com.
Even if you don’t win, you can still enjoy exciting experiences with your family. Rice Krispies Treats® is sharing inspiration to help families’ #GetKreative with unique treat creations that spark imagination year-round.
How do you keep your kids busy during baseball games?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats®.