Anyone else feel like you blinked and June was over? It’s time again to look back on the month and find the happy(because normally, it’s the difficult that makes for blog fodder) and link up with EmmyMom for 10 Things to Smile About.
1. The last day of school. My three boys all had a great year- it’s amazing how much they grow in a single school year. And now it’s time to enjoy the summer.
2. My third grader’s end-of-grade test scores. While I hate that so much emphasis is placed on one test, I was thrilled with my son’s results. I literally did a little dance in the school office when it was time to pick up the scores.
3. World Cup fever. Our house has it, bad. We are very much a soccer family and if you need soccer treats to make for your next World Cup party, I’ve got you covered. In case you’re wondering my thoughts on that silly rant about soccer destroying our country, you can read that here.
4. Visit from the Grandparents. My parents came down to visit as soon as school was out. We had a great time(and now I don’t feel like we have to make the long drive up there this summer).
5. First round of summer camps. My youngest two had a blast at VBS and my oldest went to Camp Invention, which is right up his alley with science, technology, invention, and creativity.
6. Work is awesome. Both the work for this blog where I’ve partnered with such perfect fits and the work I do as a social media manager- it’s all going great and I’m excited about opportunities to add even more.
7. Flip flop weather. While it’s pretty much flip flop weather for me all year round, now my boys can wear sandals, too. They have to wear tennis shoes during the school year and I’m ridiculously excited that I don’t have to help them find socks every single morning.
8. Trying new activities. While my boys play soccer and basketball, and my oldest runs, summer is the perfect time to try something new. They’re trying karate and thinking about gymnastics.
9. Swim shorts. I’m in love with my swim shorts. They’re comfy and flattering and I don’t have to worry about showing something I don’t want to when I’m on the beach or at the pool with my kids.
10. Date nights. This month, we went to a concert with friends and then out to dinner with a couple who was down visiting from my hometown(it’s great to live near a vacation destination).