Summer break edition!
Well, summer break part 1, anyway. (Anyone else in shock that it’s already July?!?)
Because the doom and gloom and stress can sometimes feel so overwhelming that you’d overlook the good, I like taking the time to remind myself there’s plenty to smile about. Here are 10 of the things that made me smile in June.
- My oldest “graduating” from elementary school. This one was a little bittersweet, but I was definitely smiling when he did his final walk through the halls of the school (despite friends who kept checking my face to see if I was crying).
- A visit from Grammy and Papa. My boys are the only grands who don’t live near them, so it’s nice when they do get to spend time with them. (Bonus smile: an excuse to make a fabulous mushroom, spinach, and goat cheese pasta)
- This race photo. This 5k was to benefit a local Children’s Museum, so there was a book character theme and my Hercules ran it.
- Movie time with friends! There are so many kids’ movies out this summer. We saw Finding Dory last week and have The BFG and The Secret Life of Pets on our list to see. And bonus: at our theater, movies on Tuesdays are $5 all day long. Deals make me happy.
- Bowling! And yes, the bargain hunter in me is thrilled about kidsbowlfree.com because the kids get 2 free games of bowling every day if we should choose to go that often. We just have to pay for shoe rental. Check it out to see if there’s a participating alley near you. There’s a family pass option as well, that allows up to 4 adults to get put on that pass. It’s available for around $30 for the summer… but I recommend not buying it at first and then you’ll get emails encouraging you to do so (complete with discount codes), so mine was only about $25 for the summer. (not sponsored, just sharing some summer savings with you)
- Jane the Virgin. Have you watched this show? It’s definitely something to smile about- or laugh hysterically at! Seasons 1 & 2 are on Netflix right now and I’m binge watching.
- So much pool time. Pretty sure we’re all sprouting gills. We’re at the pool more days than not.
- The last of my three boys finally being able to swim in the deep end.
- Fun at the library! Ours has cool activities for elementary and middle schoolers all summer.
- Hearing each of my boys tell me how much they love to read. My oldest has been a bookworm for a while, but this is a more recent thing for the other two. You can check out what we’ve been reading this summer.
What has made you smile this summer?
Joinings with Emmy Mom to share some positives.