You can always find something to smile about. Truthfully, February has not been the best month around here. I can tend to focus on those negatives, trying to find a solution and worrying about all the what ifs. So, it helps me to remember that not everything is so terrible. That I do have plenty of reasons to smile. Here are few from February:
A blind date with a book. This was a super cute display at our local library. You picked a wrapped book based on the description one of the librarians had written on the package and checked it out. Read it and then meet up with others who picked a blind date book and talk about what you read. I ended up enjoying the book I read- a sweet and quick chick lit book called Hope in a Jar by Beth Harbison.
3. Reading my first grader’s journal from school and seeing how much he writes about Harry Potter. Here’s his explanation of what the Deathly Hallows are.
4. Getting to go on a Valentine’s Day date with my sweetheart. And mmmmmm, brunch! Because it’s much less crowded at brunchtime and we don’t find it romantic to wait in a crowded restaurant.
5. Making progress on my New Year’s resolution to take better care of myself. I even survived a Senergy class which has these intense 30 second interval exercises that made it slightly painful for me to move my arms the next day… but I survived it. Oh and reason 5.5: fun workout clothes! I was sent this outfit from Airabella Active. Be sure to check them out!
6. Not falling on my face and breaking my nose when I tried aerial yoga. I was pretty sure that was going to happen, so being able to do things like this move, without any sort of injury to myself or anyone around me- definitely cause for a smile! It was actually a really fun class, though it definitely required a lot of effort!
7. Celebrating National Margarita Day with a friend. Okay, we had margaritas after the aerial yoga class, too. But still: you can’t help but smile when you have one.
8. Cheers-ing on National Drink Wine Day. And 8.5 that National Margarita Day and National Drink Wine Day are both in February, which often feels like the longest month of the year.
9. When my kids bake. Yay, it’s not just me baking and cooking- they want to help! And yesssss, they especially like to make desserts. My giant sweet tooth loves that- did you see the donuts I tried earlier this month? They’re like an entire box of smiles on their own.
10. Things I Can’t Say getting a makeover from Carolyn Yalin. I was overdue for a new look yet I’ve never been very good at articulating what I have in mind design-wise, but she did a fabulous job of creating something new for me that feels fresh yet is still me. I highly recommend her if you’re looking for someone to create or update a website for you.
Joining in with Emmy Mom for a monthly dose of the positive.