Being a mom to three boys, Valentine’s Day is always a little challenging.
There are so many cute Valentine’s Day ideas out there, but a lot of them skew rather feminine, with all the pink and flowers and hearts. Even if one of my boys does love to wear pink, he doesn’t want super girly Valentine’s Day cards. If you’re looking for free printable Valentine’s Day cards, I compiled a list of Valentines for Boys that you can check out.
But sometimes you want more than a card. This You Rock! Valentine’s craft is easy and fun to make- plus, it goes along with all the painted rocks going around! It’s Valentine’s themed, but something boys will like. Note: of course girls can make this same craft. But since it’s harder to find crafts for boys, especially for Valentine’s Day, and because I have three boys, that’s why I’m talking crafts for boys.
- Smooth round stones
- Red paint
- White paint (a white paint pen would be even easier)
- String or twine
- “You Rock” Valentine printable
- Begin by coating the stones in a layer of red paint. You can use any craft paint, but chalk paint will dry quickly.
- When the stones have dried, use a paintbrush to paint arrows and hearts on alternating rocks. Or you can use a paint pen instead.
- Cut out the Valentines from the “You Rock” printable. Click on this Valentine printable, and either print right from there or download to your computer or pin this post to print later.
- Punch a hole in one end of each Valentine.
- Thread a piece of black string or twine through each Valentine, and tie it around each rock.
Other Valentine’s crafts and recipes you might like:
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Cards for Boys
- How to Make a Ribbon Wreath for Valentine’s Day
- Yummy Valentine’s Day Bark