Able to wrangle three boys and defeat their arch nemesis, the evil Dr. Boredom… it’s SUPERMOM. Dah-dah-dah-DAAAAH!
Okay, maybe not.
But with the summer comes lots of day trips because we cannot let that evil Dr. Boredom or his cousin Captain StirCrazy win. There’s plenty to be done that doesn’t require much planning or money: heading out to the park, the pool, or the beach(if you happen to live near it, like we do). But you don’t want that mysteriously sneaky villain Timesuck to waste your day. So, you need to have a Superhero Summer Stash, so you can leap to the minivan in a single bound.
2. Wipes to defeat germs.
3. Plastic baggie with your cash and for emergency waterproofing of your electronics in the event of a deluge.
4. Towels to dry off or to sit on. Even superheroes can use a little comfort.
5. Sunscreen to ward off sunburn.
6 & 7. Your disguise to blend in among mere mortals, aka a sunhat and sunglasses.
8. A power stick to charge up your weapons (or your phone, whatever- it’s practically a magical device).
9. Water bottle to quench your powerful thirst.
10. Snacks because you wouldn’t like me when I’m
angry hungry. *insert Hulk smash here*
Sweet snacks can be my kryptonite. I can’t resist them, but it’s much better if they’re in controlled portions, like the OREO 2-pack in my superhero summer stash. There are just 2 cookies in each pack, making them the perfect serving size to satisfy my sweet tooth on-the-go without making it embarrassing when I try to put on that super suit. They’re conveniently packaged to be easily taken with you wherever your adventures take you.
Though I’m not telling you where in my house I’ve hidden our OREO 2-pack multipacks. A superhero has to keep some secrets. But you can find them sold in packages of 18 at your local grocery store.
What’s in your superhero go bag?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.