My favorite summertime drink is fresh lemonade- and we’re trying to enjoy every last moment we have left of our summer. I love Chick-fil-a’s lemonade because theirs uses simple ingredients and they make it fresh. But since I can’t go there every single day(much as I’d like to), when I saw that Chick-fil-a had recommended a strawberry lemonade recipe, I decided to give it a try.
I’ll give you a base amount of of the ingredients that you can tweak according to how big your pitcher is. I actually made this recipe x 1.5 and now I want to find a gigantic pitcher so I can double or even triple it, since between the 5 of us, we drank ours down quickly.
My boys liked this so much, they asked if they could make it for a lemonade stand. They’re going to turn their noses up at lemonade mixes after this, for sure.
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup strawberries
- Squeeze 1 cup of lemon juice.
- Mix the lemon juice, water, and sugar in a pitcher until the sugar dissolves.
- Put the strawberries into a blender or food processor to puree and then mix into the lemonade.
- Chill before serving over ice.
- While you could squeeze the lemons by hand, it took me about 7 small lemons to get one cup of juice- it’s much quicker to use a citrus press.
- Use water that’s a little bit warm to help the sugar dissolve faster.
- This recipe is rather tart- if you want sweeter, you might might to increase the sugar by half.
- I used a Ninja single serving attachment to puree the strawberries. To speed up the pureeing and keep the strawberries from sticking to the sides, I added about 3/4 cup of the lemonade to them and then pulsed.
I am a member of the Chick-fil-a Mom Panel and occasionally receive free products. However, my family’s desire to only go to CFA when it comes to fast food- that’s all on us. This recipe originally appeared on my sister site, The Soccer Moms.