I was paid by Mondelēz International for this post. All love for soccer is my own and my family’s(I’m pretty sure soccer was mentioned in my wedding vows).
Soccer is more than just a sport- it’s a way of life. It’s my family’s way of life. I’m not kidding about that whole soccer being in my wedding vows thing. My boys were given soccer balls before they were even born. All three of my kids play and my husband coaches. If you can’t find me, it’s probably because I’m on the soccer field.
The makers of OREO, RITZ, Trident, Honey Maid and Sour Patch Kids, the Official Snacks of U.S. Soccer, have partnered with some of the biggest names in soccer, including Clint Dempsey, Omar Gonzalez, and Alex Morgan to create a movement where soccer enthusiasts across the country unite to #PassTheLove of the sport. Soccer is about so much more than just winning or losing.
- Whether you take it seriously or you just want to have fun, soccer accepts all kinds. #PassTheLove
- Great coaches #PassTheLove of playing onto their players.
- Exciting to watch the culture of soccer grow in the US. #PassTheLove with team spirit
- I love soccer because of the fun I have, the friends I make, and the experience I get. #PassTheLove (from my 9y/o)
- Passing and being part of a team. #PassTheLove (from my 8y/o)
- Being the goalie who stops all the goals. #PassTheLove (from my 5y/o)
- It’s not just about learning how to play the game, it’s about life lessons and adapting to your individual challenges. #PassTheLove (from Coach Husband)
- Getting to watch how happy my kids are when they play and how much they’ve grown. #PassTheLove
- Building friendships, confidence, and athletic skills that will help in any sport. #PassTheLove
Win a “Game of Your Life” Soccer Experience with #PassTheLove
It’s your turn to share what you love about soccer using the simple hashtag #PassTheLove in exchange for the chance to win a “Game of Your Life” soccer experience that captures the excitement of a major competition, or other instant win giveaways. You could also win cash prizes and an autographed jersey.
To participate, first log on to http://www.PassTheLove.com and follow the onscreen instructions to register and play the Instant Win Game. Then follow the links and instructions to submit a photo and essay (not to exceed 140 characters, so think short enough to tweet) that describes what you love about soccer.
You can upload the photo on the website, from Facebook, Flickr, Instagram or your computer desktop, or you can submit the photo directly through Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #PassTheLove. If you’re a soccer family, I bet you have a ton of soccer photos right on your phone, so you can go ahead and tweet one easily!
This contest runs through June 10th, so be sure to enter soon! Also, while you are on the PassTheLove website, you can see recipes featuring some of the Official Snacks of U.S. Soccer and get a coupon to save on some of these snacks(Sour Patch Kids, get in my belly), as well as the official rules to the #PassTheLove contest.
#PassTheLove Twitter Party
Join us at 8pm ET on Wednesday, May 21st for a #PassTheLove twitter party. We’ll share our love of soccer and give away some prizes!
Let me know what your #PassTheLove entry might be… and then go enter!