Everyone seems to have their favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. I like to experiment with different ones, but this chocolate chip cookie recipe is my go-to if I want to make a quick treat… like when my boys each want to have a friend over and I realize that my supply of snacks is low and I’d better have something for all these boys to snack on(I tried those big tubs of cookie dough so all I’d have to do is scoop and bake, but it turns out we all just scoop and eat and the dough is gone quickly).
All of the ingredients are something that I keep in my pantry/fridge all the time and you can have the cookie dough prepared in less time than it will take your oven to preheat. You can make these in just one bowl, without the aid of a mixer, so there’s very little fuss to these. These have more of a crunchy texture to them than a chewy one, though not that unappealing hard-as-a-rock type of crunchy.
The chocolate chip recipe below makes 2 dozen tablespoon-sized cookies. You could easily double it if desired.
Quick and Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the melted butter, sugars, egg, corn syrup, vanilla, and salt in a medium sized bowl until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, and baking powder, and stir to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop onto cookie sheet(I used a tablespoon cookie scoop for mine).
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- I found mine weren’t done at 8 minutes. But these go from looking really not done to being done pretty quickly. So after your 8 minutes, check on them every minute. Mine took 10 minutes total.