If I weren’t so stubborn, when my husband suggested we have a couples’ night at our house this past weekend, on a day when we’d be at the soccer fields from 9:30 am until 5:30pm, I would have simply bought everything premade at the store, instead of rushing home to cook and bake.
No one would have cared, really. Store-bought can be really tasty and it’s not like we would have been committing some hosting sin(like not having any alcohol on hand).
But, it was a little rushed to make a crab artichoke dip and buckeye brownie cookies, among other things. Both of which were awesome, but maybe a little ambitious considering the short time frame I had before our friends came over.
Though one of the things I made was such a quick and easy appetizer and one that got gobbled up that I think it will become a go-to, whether I’m pressed for time or not. Maybe 5 minutes or so to get ready for the oven and then baking for 15 minutes, plus all you get dirty is a cookie sheet, a 1/2 teaspoon, a spoon, and a knife.
Honey Pecan Brie Bites
- Phyllo mini cups(found in the freezer section, near the desserts/pie crusts, I used 2 15 count packages)
- Brie (I bought 8oz and probably only used 4-5 to make 30 cups)
- brown sugar
- chopped pecans (I had a package of pecan chips that I used)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put your phyllo cups on a greased cookie sheet. You can put them close together. I easily fit 30 on one sheet.
- Place one cube of brie in each cup(small enough to leave room for other ingredients, though there’s really no wrong size)
- Top each cube with 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of pecan chips.
- Drizzle a little honey on top of each.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Good fresh out of the oven or as they cool.