Enough about me and my underwear, right? Now, it’s time to talk about yours.
Okay, maybe not yours specifically, but about what undergarments every woman should have in her underwear drawer. The suggestions for the ten items come from Beverly Russina, the founder of 123underwear.com. Though the commentary is mine.
1. Push-Up Bra: Because we can all use a cleavage-boosting bra. This might be especially for those of us who have a smaller chest, but all of us can use a little lift.
2. Strapless Bra: Bra straps hanging out is not a good look! I live in strapless bras this summer with my sundresses. Go for black or nude colored strapless bras.
3. Underwire Bra: Lift and support the ladies, ladies! All of my bras are underwire. I don’t think I’ve ever owned one without it!
4. All-Lace Bra: It’s the date night bra! Yes, even for those of us who have been married forever and whose husbands’ idea of romance is turning the tv down a little bit.
5. Boyshorts: When we want a little extra comfort and coverage.
6. Thong: Avoid those panty lines! And they’re sexy, too.
7. Nude Panties: If you are wearing light-colored clothing, go with these. No one wants to see your hot pink thong under your white capris. That’s a case where a thong does not equal sexy.
8. Slip: Uh-oh. I so do not own any of these. But, they keep your skirts and dresses from clinging to your legs. And they stop you from putting on a show in the sunlight in a thin dress. Try the Calvin Klein Perfectly Fit Solutions V-Neck Slip ($48).
9. Shapewear: If you are wearing fitted clothing, this will help get rid of any underwear lines, muffin tops, and bra bulge. I heart shapewear. Because my boys destroyed my once perfectly toned belly. SIGH.
10. Fashion Tape: No wardrobe malfunctions! Help hide bra straps, or secure a revealing neckline, or hold up that strapless top. Showing a little skin is sexy. Showing too much= wardrobe malfunction. Try Hollywood Fashion Tape ($7) from the Keep Your Clothes On collection.
Looking at that list, I see I need a slip, more nude panties, and well… I don’t know if a girl can ever have too much shapewear.
What is lacking from your underwear drawer?
GIVEAWAY: One of you will win a $35 gift certificate to 123underwear. Giveaway will close at 6pm ET 10/7. Winner will be selected randomly and notified via email. If your email is not visible in your profile, you must leave it with your comment. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be selected. US only.
To enter: Leave a comment telling me what essential undergarment you need!
Additional entries: Please leave a separate comment for each entry.
*Visit 123underwear.com and then leave a comment telling me which specific item you would use your gift certificate for.
*Tweet this giveaway: Win $35 to @123Underwear in Project #BraHappy with @shellthings http://bit.ly/nxR8Ka
This is a sponsored post on behalf of 123Underwear.
This giveaway is now closed and the winner is #155 Breanne.