The most romantic day of the year is this Thursday, right?
That’s what we’re supposed to believe. A day to show how much you love someone.
Hubs and I? We roll our eyes at Valentine’s Day.
It’s not that we don’t believe in romance, because we do. But we’ve never been big on cards. And he knows I’m not really a fan of flowers(except maybe out of the blue, for no reason wildflowers) and that the thought of how much roses cost on Valentine’s Day makes me cringe and think well, damn, if you were going to spend a crazy amount of money on something, please buy me another pair of my favorite yoga pants. Going out to eat is something we like to do, but the crowds on Valentine’s Day aren’t something we like to deal with.
Plus, our wedding anniversary is less than a month away- and we’d rather do something big for that day instead.
So, we pretty much ignore Valentine’s Day.
But, I still appreciate the romantic gestures he makes during the year.
- Like knowing when I’ve hit my ohmygosh, I need alone time threshold and telling me to go somewhere alone while he watches the boys.
- Washing the dishes.
- Meeting me for lunch while the boys are at school.
- Suggesting we go see a chick flick.
- Letting me sleep in.
- Reading my mind and bringing home Chinese when I’m randomly craving it.
- Sending me a link to something he knows I’ll love.
- Saying that a gift card to the spa is a cop out gift and not getting me one since I’d just use it to get my hair done- something I’d do anyway.
- Knowing when a book by a favorite author of mine is out.
- Telling me he loves me every day.
It might not be the stuff of romance novels or movies or resemble anything pictured in a Valentine’s Day commericial, but it all shows that he really knows me.
And that is my kind of romance.
What is something romantic your spouse does for you?
Click if you want to find out more about Pour Your Heart Out. Remember, it’s about what you want to pour out: it’s personal, so there isn’t an assigned topic. It’s also about being supportive of others who are sharing: so visit other linkers and be kind with your comments. Please add the button from the sidebar or add a text link to your post if you are joining in.