I just got finished making this dessert(Peanut Butter Lasagna or Peanut Butter Yumminess, whatever you want to call it) for the THIRD time this week: once for the elementary PTO luncheon, once for a lunch for my husband’s work, and once for a party we’re going to tomorrow. Oh, and I made a small one out of some of the leftover ingredients to keep here, but I don’t really count that one(and may have it hidden where my kids and husband can’t find it…)
This week has been even busier than our usual amount of craziness, so if I could make this dessert that many times, you know it’s super quick and easy to make! It can be made in just a few minutes(if your Cool Whip is defrosted- that’s really the only thing that takes any amount of time) along with very few dishes. You do want to let this stand in the fridge at least overnight (or 8+ hours), so that does involve time, but the actual assembling time is really quick (or you can chop up the cookies if you don’t have time to let it set).
Peanut Butter Lasagna can serve a crowd or you can easily adjust what portion size you make. Plus, this isn’t something you have to use exact measurements for and all of the ingredients are ones that won’t go to waste (at least, they don’t around here- someone is always willing to eat them!)
I’ll give you the amounts that tend to work for an 8×8 or 9×9 inch pan. When I double this, I can make a 9×13 pan plus a large loaf pan. When I took my ingredients pic, it was for a large batch.
Peanut Butter Lasagna
- 1 family sized package of Nutter Butters
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, melted
- 1 large package(approximately 5oz) of vanilla pudding, prepared according to directions (or buy ready made if you’re really in a rush)
- 8 oz container Cool Whip
- mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, unwrapped and chopped (I buy the minis that are already unwrapped)
- Put down a layer of Nutter Butters to cover the bottom of your dish.
- Drizzle some melted peanut butter over the Nutter Butters (no need to measure, just what looks right- you can always melt more peanut butter if you need it)
- Next is a layer of vanilla pudding (about half of your pudding)
- Then a layer of Cool Whip (about half of it).
- Then sprinkle some chopped peanut butter cups on top of the Cool Whip (honestly, no one will miss it if you skip this step- there’s still lots of peanut butter deliciousness to go around)
- Repeat layers: Nutter Butter cookies, melted peanut butter, vanilla pudding, then Cool Whip.
- For the topping, you can use more of the chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups and drizzle them with more melted peanut butter. I had some leftover Reese’s pieces + Hershey’s Mixers (a little package found near the ice cream toppings) and decided to use that with one of the peanut butter lasagnas I made this week.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8+ hours.