I was paid by Mondelēz International for this post. All love for soccer is my own and my family’s.
With summer coming, my boys and my husband actually have the season off from soccer. Well, except for soccer camp. And lessons. And kicking the ball around with friends. And of course, watching the World Cup! (I’m convinced there is no off-season with soccer.)
The makers of OREO, RITZ, Trident, Honey Maid and Sour Patch Kids, the Official Snacks of U.S. Soccer, have some delicious soccer-themed snacks on Pass The Love. We tried the OREO Soccer Cookie Balls and they were scrumptious! Be sure to check out Pass The Love for more recipes.
OREO Soccer Cookie Balls
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 3 pkg. (4 oz. each) white baking chocolate, melted
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Mix together cream cheese and cookie crumbs
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls; flatten slightly.
- Freeze 10 min.
- Dip balls in melted white chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Spoon melted semi-sweet chocolate into resealable plastic bag. Cut small piece off 1 bottom corner of bag; use to pipe chocolate onto balls to resemble soccer balls.
- Refrigerate 10 min. or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
- I split up this recipe, making half with Golden OREO cookies and half with original, using separate bowls and putting half the cream cheese in each.
- I used my cookie scoop to make the balls, which meant mine were a little bigger so they made 36 instead of 48.
- When cutting the bottom corner of the plastic bag, be sure to cut it very small.
- I used a toothpick to make the lines between the circles.
You can get a coupon for $1 off two packages of OREO cookies and a gallon of milk while supplies last.
Win a “Game of Your Life” Soccer Experience
I shared why soccer is my family’s way of life. If you share what you love about soccer using the hashtag #PassTheLove, you’ll have a chance to win a “Game of Your Life” soccer experience that captures the excitement of a major competition, or other instant win giveaways. You could also win cash prizes and an autographed jersey. The contest ends on June 10th, so be sure to get your entries in soon! See Pass The Love for how to enter – it’s super easy to do, only the length of a tweet!
Win a Soccer Prize Pack
In addition to the truly awesome “Game of Your Life” soccer experience you can win from the Official Snacks of U.S. Soccer, you can win one of three soccer prize packs right here. Each prize pack will include one foam soccer ball, one cinch bag and one snack-sized package of Ritz Crackers, Oreo, Honey Maid and Sour Patch Kids, and one pack of Trident gum. Approximate Retail Value of each prize pack: $45. Enter in the Rafflecopter widget below. US only(see widget for full terms and conditions).
Just in case you want even more soccer, check out Free Kick Fury, a turn-based, in-app (KiK Messenger) soccer game which allows two players to compete in a shootout, alternating as shooter and goalkeeper. Compete in penalty kicks as Clint Dempsey, AlexMorgan or Omar Gonzalez. Free Kick Fury offers users an opportunity to enhance the playing experience by entering unique codes that can be found on more than 2 million packs of specially-marked packages of cookie and cracker products.