I want my boys to know how to cook. No stereotypical boys growing up who don’t know how to do anything in a kitchen except eat. But because mine are still young, we stick with simple recipes, like Nutella Muddy Buddies.
And they learned skills like gathering all your ingredients and cooking utensils before you begin.
And shaking. Shaking without making a mess
And of course, the fine art of licking the bowl. Because why lick the spoon when the bowl is right there?
Nutella Muddy Buddies
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 cups corn chex
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in the microwave in a medium sized bowl, 30 seconds at a time on half power until it’s melted. (Mine took about 1:30).
- Mix in nutella and peanut butter until smooth.
- Measure corn chex into a large bowl.
- Pour chocolate mixture over chex and stir until coated.
- Pour coated chex into a gallon ziploc bag, add powdered sugar and shake until chex is coated with powdered sugar.
- Allow to cool on waxed paper, store in sealed container.
Recipe is easily doubled, though warning: you will eat it all!