It’s not often that moms get to really get an escape. There are kids to take care of and get to school, soccer practice, birthday parties. Homework to be done, laundry to wash, a house to clean, groceries to shop for, errands to run, meals to cook. And then add to that when we work! Time for a real escape doesn’t come easy. But we can find a few minutes for one!
Here are some ideas for a 5 minute vacation(suggestions from DOLE with some commentary from me):
- Yoga. While you might not have time for a full class(but try it if you can squeeze it in!), taking the time for a pose or two can help you relax. And according to one of my fave yoga instructors, doing a headstand for a few minutes will wake you up more than a cup of coffee can- not that I know this from personal experience since I’ve yet to actually be able to get into that position! If I ever do, there will be photo evidence.
- Pinning. Don’t let this one suck you in, but spend a few minutes looking at all the pretty things on Pinterest. Maybe put together an outfit you’d like to have or a vacation spot you’d like to visit.
- Fresh Air. Step outside for a minute. Take a short walk or simply sit and relax out in the fresh air. Bonus points if you don’t take your phone with you!
- Laugh. It makes you feel good! Find a silly video or scroll through some pics that make you smile.
- Read a book. Okay, this one is all mine- you know what a bookworm I am! Take a break and read a chapter to escape for a few minutes.
- Enjoy a sweet snack. Like DOLE Fruit Parfaits!
DOLE Fruit Parfaits offer a cool, refreshing taste of real fruit with a smooth layer of deliciously light-tasting crème. They are available in three flavors: Apples and Crème, Peaches and Crème, and Pineapple and Crème(my personal fave). DOLE Fruit Parfaits contain all natural fruit and are rich in Vitamin C. They are naturally low fat, cholesterol free and very low in sodium. DOLE Fruit Parfaits are available in the canned fruit section at select grocery retailers and online: suggested retail price is $2.79/per package of four.
What do you do to give yourself a small break during the day?
Disclaimer: I am part of the Mom It Forward blogger network. Mom It Forward and DOLE partnered in support of this campaign. DOLE compensated me for participation in this campaign. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.