Pre-kids, my summer guilty pleasures included sleeping in, lazy days on the beach, and a outrageously expensive bikini.
Aaaah, life before kids, right?
But, there are still guilty pleasures to be found after kids!
1. The Ice Cream Truck: My boys provide me the best excuse ever to get excited when I hear the ice cream truck drive down the street. Can’t deny them, now can I?
2. Water gun fights: A mama has to fight back, right? So much fun to scream like a kid and engage in a water battle.
3. Sundresses: yes, this is about the millionth time I’ve pledged my love for sundresses. But, really, there is nothing better to wear in this heat. And it’s easy to justify shopping the summer sundress sales.
4. Beach books: Not that I get to read them on the beach since I’m too busy chasing after my boys, but summer is the perfect time for light and fluffy reading.
5. Mindless tv: True Blood and So You Think You Can Dance. And this summer, throw in White Collar, Covert Affairs, and Suits.
What are your guilty pleasures this summer?