The rules that go along with this award say that you have to list 10 ten things that make you happy. I’m going for the little things here, not even going to list Hubs and the boys, though of course, they make me happy.
1. Sleep. A full night’s sleep, sleeping in, a nap. You can probably tell how much I’ve been dealing with babies and small children, to value sleep this much.
2. Reading a good book, watching a good movie, or watching bad tv: uninterrupted. Anything that I can do where I get to sit on my butt and zone out for a while, preferably with a glass of wine.
3. A well-fitting bra. Not that I’ve had too many of these, but when I can find one that doesn’t make me think all day “when can I take this damn thing off?” – it’s magic. And if it makes the girls look perky again, that’s even better.
4. Butter. Yes, I know that just yesterday, I resolved to go easy on dishes made with insane amounts of butter- and I am trying to stick to that. But, it does not weaken my love of butter.
5. The beach. Cheesy as it sounds, I love walking on the beach- or even just sitting out there. I’ll even take sitting on the deck and just being able to see it. The vastness of the ocean, the sounds of the waves crashing, the smell of the air: I love it all.
6. Getting my hair did. I find it near-impossible to fix my hair, but when I just get out of the hairdresser, I feel like I have FABULOUS hair and am reminded why I didn’t choose to shave it all off. Just a note to those of you who think my ponytail challenge from yesterday is impossible: just want to point out that I didn’t “ban the bun”- not even the messy one.
7. Date night with Hubs. So we can be reminded that we love each other and we aren’t just partners in the war against our kids…I joke, I joke…partners in raising our children, but that we actually love AND like each other.
8. Girls’ Nights Out!!!!
9. Losing weight(not the dieting or exercising part of it, but seeing the numbers on the scale go down makes me extremely happy)
10. Bloggyland and all of you. I used to not get it. I remember seeing a onesie that said “My mommy is blogging this” and I rolled my eyes. But, now I get that it is a wonderful community of people that so easily embraces others’ stories; it’s friendship.
Hiding From the Kids, Supahmommy, All You Need is Love, Drama for Mama, Everyday in Gray, Foursons, Pickle Talks, kssnnikkel, La Vita e Bella, Ma What’s for Dinner?, Mommy Wants Vodka, MommyBrain, Choo–choos, cars, and lipgloss, Stir-fry Awesomeness, The Daily Dribbles, The Mother Load, Princess of Sarcasm, Think Tank Mama, Mommy Matters, and Lessons Learned.