I have found a new love.
A buttery, vanilla-y love. A gooey, fudgey white chocolate brownie that is a bite of pure indulgence(okay, lots of bites of pure indulgence, who am I trying to kid?).
Everyone who has had one in the past few weeks(and I’ve served them multiple times) has taken a bite and moaned “ohmygod.” It actually started getting comical, the same reaction over and over again.
I love the simplicity of these white chocolate brownies: you can make them in one bowl and have them be ready for the oven in about 5 minutes. Plus, the ingredients are things you probably have on hand- maybe minus the white chocolate chips, which I now buy in bulk from Sam’s Club, just to have in the pantry for this recipe.
This recipe is probably responsible for me not losing any weight over the past few weeks, despite working out like a mad woman. Oops.
The one thing I do want to caution you about is to actually wait until these brownies cool to cut and try them. I usually love warm brownies. But the first time I made these, I tried to cut a square when they were fresh out of the oven. They were sort of falling apart and when I tried them, I wasn’t impressed. I figured the kids would eat them but that they weren’t going to be a favorite. But then I let them cool down and tried again. And ohmygod. So, trust me on this: wait until they’re cool.
Gooey White Chocolate Brownies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt together butter and white chocolate in . I do this in the microwave, with it at half power, starting at 30 seconds, stirring, then additional rounds of 15 seconds at half power until melted. It’s done when you stir it together and the mixture is smooth.
- Add sugar and stir.
- Add eggs(I whisk mine in a separate bowl first), salt, and vanilla and combine.
- Stir in the flour until combined.
- Pour into a greased 8×8″ pan.
- Bake for 27-29 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
- Store in a tightly sealed container (unless they disappear as fast as they do around here and then don’t worry about it)
Other easy desserts to try:
Don’t forget to pin this recipe!