Football games are about to take over my television on the weekends. Preseason games are on this weekend with the regular season kicking off next week.
I tend to read a book or chat with other moms while the games are on, checking out the highlights but not watching every moment of play. But I do like an excuse to make some fabulous food. Usually, I’m the dessert girl when it comes to group gatherings, though occasionally I branch out… or I’m hosting and apparently it would be weird to just put out a spread of desserts.
When I think football food, I think of dips and chicken wings. Snacking types of foods that could make up a meal if need be. I like to mix traditional favorites with those with a little bit of a twist to try something new.
Here are 17 different ideas for your next game day party. Enjoy these football party recipes!
Football Party Food
- Chipotle Gouda Queso Dip from Natural Chow
- Healthy Mexican Dip Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Chili Cream Cheese Dip from Sarah Halstead
- Avocado Ranch Dip from Totally the Bomb
- Spinach Artichoke Dip with a Kick (this is one of mine)
- 7 Layer Mexican Dip from Baby to Boomer
- Crockpot Zesty Corn Dip from Mama Young at Home
- Beer Cheese Buffalo Chicken Dip (another of mine)
- Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings from About a Mom
- Strawberry Jalapeno Chicken Wings from 4 Sons R Us
- Baked Honey Teriyaki Chicken Wings from Powered by Mom
- Chili Mango Chicken Wings from Arts & Crackers
- Koren BBQ Grilled Chicken Wings from It’s a Keeper
- Homemade Buffalo Wings with Ranch Dip from Sophistishe
- Jack Daniels Glazed Baked Chicken Wings from The Chunky Chef
- Easy Crockpot Sriracha Honey Chicken Wings from The Slow Roasted Italian
- Honey BBQ Chicken Wings from 3 Boys and a Dog