Continuing on my natural products kick, I’m going to share with you a super easy natural kitchen cleaner I recently made. A kitchen cleaner was next on my list because my kids have a tendency to eat right off the counter or table when they’re snacking. I’m not sure if I should be horrified at their lack of manners or glad that they’re dirtying less dishes. But, either way, I feel better cleaning that counter with a natural kitchen cleaner.
This diy kitchen cleaner is kid- and pet-friendly, easy to make, smells good, and doesn’t require you to buy any hard-to-find or expensive ingredients. I found both the fine-mesh sieve and spray bottle for about $1 each at Walmart.
I used Halos for this because I was sent the instructions as part of the #halosfun team and my kids gobble them up. You could use orange peels if you prefer(I actually like Halos just as much as my kids do, for both the taste and how easy they are to peel).
Natural Kitchen Cleaner DIY
- Halos mandarin peels
- white vinegar
- large jar with lid
- fine-mesh sieve
- spray bottle
- As you eat Halos, toss the peels into a large jar until it’s half full.
- Pour vinegar over the peels until the jar is full.
- Screw the lid on the jar and allow it to sit in a dark place for two weeks. I put mine in the back corner of the cabinet under my sink.
- Use a fine-mesh sieve to strain out the cleaning solution.
- Pour your Halos peel cleaning solution into a spray bottle and use it as an all-purpose cleaner.
You may also like:
I was sent some Halos goodies as part of #HalosFun but I’m sharing this only because I’ve been experimenting with more natural products anyway and this fit right in.