1. YOU get up with a screaming child in the middle of the night. Without having to be kicked or shaken awake.
2. Call her at lunchtime to tell her not to worry about dinner because you are going to bring something home.
3. Tell her she looks hot in her yoga pants. Without saying they would look hotter on the floor beside your bed.
4. Tell her she’s a fabulous mom.
5. Change a stinky diaper. Without asking for a medal for it. Bonus points if you potty-train said child.
6. Let her sleep in without having to be deathly ill.
7. Tell her to go take a hot bath or shower while you get the kids ready for bed. Without implying that you can’t remember the last time she bathed.
8. Compliment her in front of other people. Just not as your facebook status. Because that is obnoxious.
9. Say “I love you.” A lot. Duh.
10. Bring her chocolate-covered strawberries. Without telling her that she’ll need to go to the gym to work them off. Note: chocolate-covered strawberries are my own personal addiction. Do not get her these if she’s allergic to strawberries. Again: duh.
Okay, ladies, chime in: how can your husband show you that he loves you? Not just on Valentine’s Day, but everyday.
Doing something I rarely do- adding a p.s here b/c some of you are thinking that I’m calling my Hubs a jerk on Valentine’s Day. I’m not. He rocks. And does most of these things- except the diaper thing- but I don’t like to change them, either. My point? It’s the little things that really show the love.