If you’re looking for something special to make for a date night in, this recipe is delicious… and a little decadent, like date night dinners should be.
As much as I enjoy going out for dinner, trying new dishes, and (especially) having someone else cook for me (and clean up after the meal), it’s not always practical to go out. So, sometimes we have a date night in and make something a little different than our typical kid-friendly meals. Only one of my kids would eat this Pine Nut and Goat Cheese Alfredo as is, while another would eat it without the roasted red peppers, and still another might eat the plain pasta. So, the kids ate something else entirely and went off to bed, and my husband and I ate this, with garlic bread.
This recipe serves two, though you could double or triple it to make a meal for the family or if you want to make a meatless meal that will impress guests.
Pine Nut and Goat Cheese Alfredo
- 8 oz Bucatini pasta (or spaghetti or linguine, but I loved it with the Bucatini)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (divided)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons white cooking wine
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup peas
- Parmesan cheese (optional, as topping)
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain, return to pot, toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil, cover, and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 clove minced garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add white wine and cook for another minute.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and return to simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and stir constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Add goat cheese and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper, then set aside.
- In another medium pan over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Add peas, pine nuts, and roasted red peppers to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, seasoning with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place a serving of pasta on each of two plates or bowls, top each with sauce, then veggie/nut mixture. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.