Some of us were born without the crafty gene. Yet we still want to attempt kids crafts. That’s the inspiration behind Crafts for the Uncrafty. This week, JDaniel4’s Mom shares an easy Easter Craft for kids.
Easter Bunny Craft Supplies
Two safety pins
Small pink pom-pom
Toilet paper tube *
*I made changes: see my results below.
Easter Bunny Craft Directions
1. Fold back the middle finger or tall man finger of a white glove.
2. From the inside of the glove pin down the tall man finger and the cotton ball.
3. On the palm of the glove in the front glue wiggly eyes and a pink pom-pom nose.
4. Cut a basket out of brown felt and place in the crease of the thumb.
5. Pin the pinky finger and the thumb together. The pin should be hidden behind the fingers.
6. Slide the basket down to cover the pin.
7. Place the glove on a toilet paper tube.
8. Place your pointer finger and tall man finger into the tube to make the puppet move.
My seven year-old could pretty much do this all on his own, while the other two needed more help. But, they all love playing with their bunny puppets. You can find white gloves on clearance right now: I saw two pairs for $.33 in Walgreens this weekend. The brown felt was $.20/sheet at Walmart. They also had a wiggly eye/pom-pom set for $3.97 and there were enough left over to use for other projects. I would recommend using a larger pom-pom for the tail instead of a cotton ball if your kids play a little rough like mine do. Also, mine preferred using the puppets without the toilet paper tube.
More Easy Kids Crafts
From JDaniel4’s Mom: