My oldest calls these “no more peanut butter no bakes” which confused me a little since at first I thought he was telling me not to make these cookies again and didn’t know what the ingredients were. But it turns out it meant that he knew these were cookie butter no bakes and he likes them so much better than a peanut butter version that he doesn’t want me to make peanut butter ones again.
As for me, I could say that these cookies came from realizing at 10 pm that I was all out of eggs so I couldn’t make the cookies I’d planned to and had zero desire to go to the store at that hour, but needed to make something since we had a potluck lunch to go to the next day. I could have gone for peanut butter no bakes, but I wasn’t sure if there were any nut allergies at the gathering we were going to. Cookie butter is (or at least the brands I’ve checked out) nut-free, even though it really has zero redeeming nutritional value- but it’s really delicious.
These Cookie Butter No Bakes are going into regular rotation around here since they took maybe 10 minutes to make, make about 5 dozen, and use basic pantry ingredients (aside from cookie butter- you might need to make sure you have that if that’s not a staple for you- it has become one here, especially since now you buy it not just at Trader Joe’s, but Sam’s Club, Aldi, and Walmart, to name a few). I’ve made them twice in one week.
Cookie Butter No Bake Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (I used whole milk)
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup cookie butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick cooking oats
- optional: melting chocolate or chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine butter, sugar, milk, and salt.
- Heat to boiling and boil for about a minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in cookie butter and vanilla until combined.
- Fold in the oats.
- I used a tablespoon cookie scoop to drop cookies onto wax paper lined cookie sheets.
- If using chocolate for topping, melt a small amount (I used a 1/4 of what is in a package of Candy-Quik) of chocolate and drizzle over cookie butter no bakes.
- Allow to cool before serving. I prefer to keep these in the fridge until serving.