With the cold weather and with everyone getting sick, I crave comfort foods for dinner.
That’s soups and pastas for me.
And the easier they can be, the happier I am. My family is not really a fan of casseroles so a lot of times, crockpot meals aren’t their favorites. They’ll eat soups and desserts (as well as really liking this flavors of fall meal), but they get picky about others, which is annoying since crockpot meals are so simple.
But I made this Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta from Recipes that Crock and it was a huge hit here(You should definitely check out their other recipes!). I made it shortly before Christmas and my family requested it again this week. It’s only 5 ingredients but full of flavor and definitely a comfort food.
Crockpot Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 oz package Italian dressing mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 8 oz cooked egg noodles (I recommend using more like 12 oz- you’ll still have lots of flavor but you can stretch this meal further for more people or more leftovers)
- Put your chicken in your crockpot and sprinkle with the Italian dressing mix.
- Pour the chicken broth over the chicken and put the lid on your crockpot.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours, until chicken is cooked.
- Take your chicken out and shred it. (Start cooking your noodles at this step)
- Leaving your chicken out for now, add the cream cheese and stir until it is melted and combined with the broth.
- Add your cooked noodles and chicken and stir to combine.
- Leave your lid off and allow to sit for about 15 minutes until it’s thick and creamy.