I try plenty of healthful recipes. Trying to get my kids to eat what will help them grow big and strong while keeping my waistline from expanding.
But this. This is NOT one of those recipes.
This is comfort food. This is easy to make, pure deliciousness, without any sort of redeeming healthy features. But everyone in my house is guaranteed to eat it all.
And really, everyone needs a “cheat night” once in a while. As long as the rest of the time, you are eating healthy, balanced meals, I think it’s okay to throw in a meal like this.
Chicken and bacon and ranch… oh, my! And toss it all in with pasta and it’s pretty much my perfect comfort food. Plus you make it in the crockpot, meaning this is an easy meal for those nights when we’re getting home late after soccer practice(see, exercise! So, it’s okay to have a cheat night sometimes).
Cheat Night Spaghetti
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and diced*
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 oz package of ranch dressing mix
- 1 10.75oz can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 8-16 oz spaghetti (I make this with 16oz and have plenty of leftovers, even after my family of five eats. It will depend on how far you want the sauce to last or if you really pile it on)
*Bacon cooking tip: Line a cookie sheet with foil. Place bacon slices on the foil and place in a cold oven. Turn oven on to 400 degrees and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Place chicken in crockpot.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients, except for the spaghetti, and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork and stir mixture.
- Cook pasta according to package directions when you are ready to eat.
- Either mix the sauce into the pasta or pour over individual servings, depending on your taste. I prefer to mix it together.