I can’t believe I actually have to do this, but here is the list of reasons WHY my four year-old can not have a cell phone yet.
And no, it’s not because he is asking for one.
That answer would be simple: No, because Mommy says so.
My MOTHER is pissed at me for not letting her buy him a cell phone and doesn’t understand why I don’t want her to buy one for him and his 3 year-old and 17 month-old brothers.
She thinks it will be the best way for her to be able to talk to her grandchildren when her mean daughter takes them away from her by moving 600+ miles away.
And a simple “are you serious?” is not working as she thinks that I am saying no just to be mean and keep her grandchildren from talking to her.
I want to scream.
So, here I go:
1. I have a cell phone that they can talk to each other on.
2. We are on the same network, so don’t even bother trying to tell me that it is because you are worried about my cell phone bill.
3. A 4 year-old can hardly be expected to be responsible for carrying a cell phone around- so it becomes one more damn thing that I have to cart around with me.
4. Since the sole purpose of this phone is for the boys to talk to their Grammy, Grammy will be pissed if her calls are not answered the second that she calls. I do not want the boys to think that a phone call is always more important than whatever it is that we are doing(eating dinner together, out playing, napping, in SCHOOL)
5. I don’t want to be the parent that makes the boys’ preschool have to come up with a cell phone policy.
6. It’s just one more attempt by crazy Grammy to try to control us…so, no electronic leash, thankyouverymuch.