I met this week’s Blog Friend Feature IRL about a year ago. And was so excited! But, then, she just looked at me like I was a crazy stalker, so I backed off. *SIGH*
Okay, okay, that’s not really what happened. I should have reminded her that we had talked on blogs before and that we did know each other. We’re both “quieter” IRL than we are on blogs.
But, really if you don’t know Dumb Mom from Parenting by Dummies, you are in for a real treat today! She is hilarious! Sarcastic and honest about her parenting fails. She is also one of the hosts of Wordful Wednesday, a link up for those of us who can’t just a post a pic.
Meet Dumb Mom aka Amanda.
What up yo?!
Dumb Mom’s in the hizzouse!
Raise da roof! Get jiggy wit it! Shake what yo mama gave you!
Ignore the fact that anyone who says get jiggy wit it is clearly just old.
Forgive me Friends-of-Shell.
I swear, I don’t always talk mom gangsta, but I do when I’m nervous.
It’s like my coping technique. When the going gets tough Dumb Mom gets
In words. Not in action.
And, lemme just say I am Ner. Vous.
I’m always just so anxious when it comes to guest posting on other people’s blogs.
The pressure to perform.
The preconceived notions.
It all kinda wears on this Dumb Mom’s not so thick skin.
So, out comes the gangsta speak and the referring to one’s self in the third person.
Both of which are used to convince you I’m awesome.
Because I am!
I swear it.
I mean you don’t have to believe me, you can let Shell tell you.
Unless, she can’t say?
No, I’m kidding, she’ll tell you.
We’ve been bloggy buddies for ages and I know that she loves me.
In spite of my social awkwardness, my absentmindedness, and my embarrassing inability to recognize people when I meet them in person.
Just like a real life friend, she accepts these not entirely awesome parts of me, and even (I’m hoping at least) finds them endearing and, dare I say, cool?*
So, while she takes the next
two weeks 5 minutes convincing you that I’m not as creepy or imbalanced as my mom-gangsta makes me seem, I’m going to convince you that you shouldn’t take her word or mine for it.
You should let the Dumb Blog speak for itself and pop on over for a visit!
Top 5 Reason to Get Down With The Dumb
1. Dumb is Smart. Well sort of. Okay, not really. But, you will certainly feel smart when you read about me chasing down school buses on foot. Or, explaining to the lady at the park that my son didn’t clothes line her kid. Or that, if he did, he didn’t mean it. Or that if he did, I am sorry. Unless her kid deserved it, and then I’m not.
2. Dumb is Fun. And by fun, of course I mean fun-ny. At least I’m pretty awesome at making myself laugh. Dumb Dad needs a little convincing on this fact, but that’s why he doesn’t have a blog. Or a Twitter stream. Or even a Facebook page. I’m married to a caveman people. A Cave. Man.
3. Dumb is Pretty. But, this is an extremely new one for me. I spent the better part of the last ten years birthing babies (don’t get crazy, there are only 3 but it feels like more), struggling with my weight (a vicious cycle fueled by Oreos and lattes), getting down on myself, and then spending one life changing week getting made over on What NOT to Wear. Yeah, that What NOT to Wear. It’s amazing what a new look and a week getting to know the real you can do for a person. I’ve turned over a new leaf
mostly and I am spending everyday loving myself more or shoving cupcakes down my throat to coat the pain with icing at least making an effort to. And I’m making it my blog’s goal to help other moms do the same too. Including the cupcakes. Life is not worth living without cupcakes.
4. Dumb is Funky. In every sense of the word. Not only do we like to “get down on it” at Casa de Dummies we are also a house comprised entirely of Dudes. Well not me. But the others. And, the older they get, the more they are starting to stink up the place. It’s starting to smell like Teen Spirit in here, and despite what Nirvana may have led us to believe, that is NOT good.
5. Dumb is Awesome. Too many reasons and not enough time. Guess you’re just going to have to pop over for a visit to prove it!
See? Don’t you just adore her? How could you not? Please leave Dumb Mom some comment love here and then go follow her fabulous blog, Parenting by Dummies.