With Super Bowl parties coming up, I’m Team Eat All the Dips (and desserts).
At pretty much every informal get-together we’ve been to or hosted for pretty much the last 10 years, it seems like someone(sometimes me, sometimes not) has made buffalo chicken dip. It’s delicious, in all of its forms- I’ve really never had one where I take one little scoop and think okay, I don’t want any more of that.
But, some are better than others. And this one right here? Is the best. The combination of all the cheeses, the hot sauce, the beer, and the rotisserie chicken: yup, stop adjusting other recipes and just stick with this one.
I kept meaning to share this beer buffalo chicken dip recipe with you but every time I’d make it, I’d take a picture with the intent of sharing… but it’s just not all that photogenic of a dip, no matter what I tried. But I finally decided that I’ll share it anyway. The taste is what matters- and it tastes amazing! If you’re looking for a Super Bowl recipe- try this one!
Beer Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack, shredded (or Pepper Jack if you’re like us and love spicy)
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I use Frank’s, sometimes the buffalo, sometimes the regular)
- 2/3 cup beer (I’ve used whatever we have on hand)
- rotisserie chicken, cooked and shredded (I grab a cooked one from Sam’s or Walmart- best deals I’ve found)
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled (optional, for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except for the chicken and blue cheese.
- Stir in shredded chicken.
- Pour into a greased baking dish.
- Top with blue cheese (or any other kind of cheese if blue isn’t your thing)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Other dip recipes you will love: