I love watching my boys grow, seeing the difference in them from school year to school year.
But it’s not just what they look like that will change, but what they sound like and the things they think. It’s why I want to be more intentional about taking video of them, as well as photos.
This year, we are starting a back to school video tradition where I’ll ask them the same four simple questions each year and watch as their answers(and their voices!) change.
- How old are you?
- What grade are you going into?
- What are you looking forward to about this school year?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
They should be able to humor me with this super short back to school video interview every year, right?
Other ideas for questions to include:
- What school are you going to this year?
- Who is(are) your teacher(s)?
- Who is your best friend?
- What is your favorite subject?
- What do you want to learn this year?
- What do you hope is different from last year?
- What was your favorite memory from this past summer?
You can link up your own back to school video here and with my co-host Ashley from My Front Porch Swing from today through September 2nd. You can use the prompts provided here or show off your creativity!