Dobby Cat is definitely a member of our family. He likes to curl up and snuggle in with us. We miss him when we’re not at home and he definitely misses us – he lets us know by his meows when we walk in the door, even if we’ve only been gone for an hour.
With all the good that comes with having a cat as a pet, cats will definitely teach you a thing or two… or four.
1) You learn that black clothing is no longer all that flattering. Sure, it’s the go-to slimming color. But, even if your cat has short hair, like Dobby, there’s still cat hair everywhere and black clothing seems to attract it like a magnet…or maybe it’s just because Dobby likes to sit right on top of my laundry.
2) You’ll learn where every hiding spot is in your house. While Dobby tends to default to a few favorite spots on a regular day, he goes into hiding if we have a ton of company over. He doesn’t mind a family or two, but if it’s more than that, he’s going to hide. I thought I knew all his spots until one day, when we had a bunch of people over and we couldn’t find Dobby anywhere, which led to a desperate hunt outside and some tears. Meanwhile, Dobby was all curled up behind my oldest son’s desk, in a cutout on the back of the desk that I didn’t even know existed. So while you may think you know every nook and cranny of your house, you won’t until you own a cat.
Dobby’s not always hiding, though…sometimes he’s in your face quite literally.
3) You’ll probably need to learn what will make your cat come to you. Cats tend to be just fine on their own, napping and playing without you. So it’s not just as simple as calling his name – you’ll have to figure out what your cat really likes. For Dobby, it’s shaking this one particular mouse that has a bell in it or shaking a bag of his treats. This also works for getting a cat to stand in a certain spot to take a picture, which us cat owners know is sometimes nearly impossible!
4) Finally, you’ll learn that the type of litter you use is important. Currently, we’re using ARM & HAMMER™ Clump & Seal™ MicroGuard™ Cat Litter. Even though we scoop the litter box once a day (at least), bacterial odor can keep growing. This new MicroGuard™ technology seals and destroys immediate odor, plus prevents the growth of future bacterial odors for 7-day odor control, guaranteed. Dobby also seems to enjoy the texture of the litter and I love when he is a happy boy!
What has your cat (or other pet) taught you? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/12/2016- 12/31/2016