Stargazing: 4 Years of Pour Your Heart Out

I’ve always been a stargazer.

A literal look-out-the-window-up-at-the-sky or go-outside-and-stare-upwards kind of a girl.

From when I was very young and had to make that quick dash from my window back to my bed if I heard one of my parents coming to when I was in college and would wander campus in the middle of the night, find a quiet place to sit, and just look up.

stargazing

When we lived on the beach, I’d sit out on our back deck and just watch the sky and how the moon reflected off the water. Now I sit on our porch, wrapped up in a blanket, sitting on my rocking chair, and gaze upward.

Sometimes I just let the enormity of the sky wash over me, realizing just how small my problems are in the grand scheme of things. Other times, I use the time to pray or to try to solve a problem or to set a new direction for my life. Sometimes I’m sad or mad or frustrated and try to work through it. Other times I’m happy and just want to revel in it. And still others, I use the time to almost meditate.

I need that time. That quiet to reflect.

And that’s what Pour Your Heart Out has been to me over the past four years. My time to get out what I need to. Whether it’s something that hurts or something I’m happy about or an issue I want to talk about.

It’s my time during the week when I reflect through writing, much like my stargazing moments allow me to think things through.

Thank you so much to all of you who have been with me during Pour Your Heart Out- some of you even from the beginning of it back in 2010. Others of you more recently. I’m thankful for all of you.

I’m thankful for your words- for those of you who join in and share what’s on your heart, what you need to pour out, what you need to vent about. Your stories make us all feel connected.

I’d love to have you join in this week. If you’ve written something recent that you feel fits, link that up. Or you can reach back further to the past year(or even longer) and find an old post where you poured your heart out and link that up instead.

Usually, I highlight posts from the previous week, but for the four year anniversary, I want you to be sure to visit some of this week’s linkers.

Join in Pour Your Heart Out

pour your heart out Click if you want to find out more about Pour Your Heart Out. Remember, it’s about what you want to pour out: it’s personal, so there isn’t an assigned topic. It’s also about being supportive of others who are sharing: so visit other linkers and be kind with your comments. Linking up? Please visit at least two of the linkers and show them some support in the form of a comment or a share!

Comments

Happy 4th PYHO Anniversary!
    Thank YOU for giving us this space, this linkup, to share our innermost thoughts and feelings.
    Here’s to many more years of Pour Your Heart Out!
    Alison recently posted..WeanedMy Profile

Happy 4 years of PYHO. I remember when I first started blogging and I found this link up, it was a great place to share the posts that scared me to write or made me cry or made we want to shout with joy. Thank you for letting me be apart of this space.
    Julia recently posted..Goodbye SongMy Profile

Four years? Wowza! Thanks for giving us all a safe place for so long. More proof that time is flying by.

If your vehicle doesn’t have one now, you need a moon roof. Our new compact suv came with one—then we discovered the front seats lay back almost flat so you can stargaze. Now we just need to leave the ‘burbs so we can get a good view.

Congrats on 4 years :)
    Kerry Ann @Vinobaby’s Voice recently posted..A Novel (Rocket) SurpriseMy Profile

There is something so calming and also something that brings so much perspective just stopping and looking at the stars, life is so much bigger than we realize, yet even so we still truly matter and are loved.

Thank you for doing this linky for so long now.
    Emmy recently posted..Why Serving Can HealMy Profile

I too am a star-gazer…sky-dweller…prayerful meditative soul… I get you, Shell.

This has been a blessing to be a part of and truly a beautiful outlet for many who desperately need a voice. I am so grateful for YOU, and your heart that you pour out. It’s beautiful.

I am sharing a post that I am passionate about- more than inspiration, but more confirmation for me really. And for those who question…
    Chris Carter recently posted..Is THAT your intention? It’s The Only Hope I know…My Profile

You know, I don’t know how I stumbled across your blog, but I am sure glad I did. And I’m very glad you had a PYHO weekly link up.
    I’ve joined it then and again, and each time, I’ve liked what I’ve written (the freedom) and I’ve enjoyed reading other posts.
    Happy 4th Anniversary!
    Carolyn Y recently posted..Failing At Getting It All DoneMy Profile

Congrats on 4 years! I like to look at the stars too. One thing I miss about living in Las Vegas is the stars just 15 minutes out the freeway from my house. You would think you were in the middle of nowhere. I can see some starts here in Raleigh, but it’s not the same.
    Allison B recently posted..Overscheduled Kids? Limit Their ActivitiesMy Profile

Congratulations on 4 years. I have so enjoyed linking up with PYHO and meeting new bloggers. It’s nice to have this place to just let my feelings out. Often they’ve helped me get advice on a particular situation, or even to look at it in a new light. But most of all it’s just a way to get things off my chest. And I thank you for letting me be a part of it, Shell.
    Roxanne recently posted..Am I nuts? (and other thoughts on going back to school)My Profile

Congratulations on four years of pouring your heart out and making it easier for the rest of us to pour hour hearts out, too. What a blessing this link up has been. I know in the last four years I’ve definitely held particularly difficult posts to be published on Wednesday, because I knew that you and the community you have built here would be supportive and loving.
    Tracie recently posted..How Do You Tell Your Kid You Are A Survivor Of Child Sexual Abuse?My Profile

I’ve always LOVED your PYHO and I’m sorry I missed the 4 year anniversary one! I should look and see just how many I’ve done throughout the years.  I can’t believe time has flown so quickly!
    Marta recently posted..Pick Two.My Profile