1. The first year the Christmas Elf came to visit us on Christmas Eve.
2. Being up front at church during Children’s service on Christmas Eve, singing Happy Birthday to Jesus and my older brother yelling back to my mom “Hey Mom, can I have some of this junk food cake?” This is what happens when you are not allowed to have any sugar.
3. Getting my Cabbage Patch dolls for Christmas and instantly realizing that my suspicions about Santa were right, but being too happy that I got the coveted dolls that I didn’t much care.
4. Being an angel in our church’s Christmas Play Arch the Angel of the 91st Airborne Division. I think this was in 4th grade. The long hours practicing, how our angel costumes glowed under the black light, how we ran into the church to start the program, and even part of the lyrics. Does anyone else remember doing this musical?
5. Being Mrs. Claus in our 6th grade play. I had to change from my Mrs. Claus costume to a Santa suit toward the end of the play(Santa was sick and I was taking over) and one of the boys who was backstage leaned against the door of the room where I was changing, trapping me in there.
6. Christmas shopping with my best friend on Christmas Eve, two years after we graduated from college.
7. Hubs and my first “Married Christmas” where he went out to get our tree and came back with one so gigantic that it didn’t fit into the room we’d planned to put it in, but only our main living room with the vaulted ceiling. We laughed and laughed over that one.
8. Having a 2 week old on Christmas morning.
9. The first year we had three kids opening gifts on Christmas morning. So much pure joy and excitement.
10. My youngest niece being born last Christmas Day.
What are some of your most memorable Christmas moments?
Linking up with northwestmommy.com for Monday Listicles.