10 Things to Smile About

I feel like I blinked and it’s all of a sudden the end of July. Since it’s all been a blur, I thought I’d join in with 10 Things to Smile About and share what made me happy this month.

1. Getting two date nights with Hubs. One to our favorite restaurant where I ate things like country ham wrapped peaches with gingered goat cheese, balsamic honey and spiced pecans and a second to a wedding. Love any time we get that kid-free time.

country ham peaches

2. My birthday. Nothing wrong with taking a moment to celebrate yourself.

3. Watching my oldest swim the entire length of the pool all by himself.

4. A drink called the “Lifetimetini.” YUM!

lifetimetini

5. Figuring out how to use my flat iron to curl my hair. Especially since it’s much easier to rock big curls in all this humidity than to attempt to straighten my hair into submission.

6. Neon pink yoga pants. They are slightly obnoxious and pretty much glow in the dark but I love them anyway.

7. Getting to hold my precious baby niece. With all these boys in my house, I have to get my girl fix!

baby girl

8. Going to BlogHer and being surrounded by people who understand this whole blogging thing!

9. IRL time with friends who usually only live in my computer. With Kristen and Ashley below- just one of countless pics taken at BlogHer. But everyone I met or got to see again could be listed as a reason to smile!

bloggers

10. The feeling of being HOME after a long trip. No better feeling than getting smooches from all of my boys and Hubs!

What is something that made you smile this month?

Comments

It’s been such a busy month- I can’t believe it’s August already!
      Was thinking about doing a vlog with the curls- it’s super easy!

I have to learn how to curl my hair with the flat iron. That picture with your niece melts my heart. Your yoga pants made it’s way into my blog post as well. ;) It was so great to meet you and give you a hug and spend some IRL time talking.
    AnnMarie recently posted..BlogHer: Part 1My Profile

Date nights are the best, definitely something to smile about! I’m smiling about my brother’s wedding now that I have our tickets booked. I can’t wait to see him get married and my kids are in the wedding too! The fact that this is the first girl he’s ever dated that I truly like really makes me smile.
    Twingle Mommy recently posted..You Have Two Choices – Laugh or CryMy Profile

Oh, that’s awesome! I love the girls that my brothers married, too. It made their weddings happier!

Lots of good moments to smile about!  You look gorgeous and content in the picture with your niece (your other pics are beautiful too!)  This month I’m smiling because my son is finally able to fall asleep with Dad instead of me.  Its been a long time coming!
    Jo Lynn recently posted..Decluttering Fest: An Annual OccurrenceMy Profile

Pretty sure I need to see a picture of the neon pink yoga pants and then i need to find out where to get a pair of my own!!!

They are BRIGHT! But they are also reversible and the other side is black, so I figured they are totally practical. From Lululemon.

They reverse to black, so I figured I’d still get a lot of wear out of them, but I love a fun piece like that!