ABC Old School Blogging

Time for some Old School Blogging with Elaine and Jennifer! You don’t have to be tagged to join in- just copy and paste the questions and add your own answers, then link up over on their blogs. I absolutely loved getting to hug these two girls in person at Blissdom. If you don’t already know them, be sure to go meet them!

A. Attached or Single? Attached. Celebrated 10 years of marriage this past spring.

B. Best Friend? Hubs. No one can make me laugh until I cry the way he does.

C. Cake or pie? Chocolate peanut butter pie.

D. Day of choice? Any day when I don’t have a huge to-do list.

E. Essential Item? iPhone. I start shaking if I don’t have it with me.

F. Favorite color? I’m a pink girly-girl. Though yellow is a close second.

G. Gummy bears or worms? I heart gummy candy. The sourer the better.

H. Home town? Originally from a small town north of Pittsburgh, PA. Currently, coastal NC.

I. Favorite Indulgence? Curling up with a good book(or a trashy one, whatever) and a glass of wine, getting to read for a while and then take a nap, all uninterrupted. Of course I can count on one hand the number of times this has happened since having kids.

J. January or July? July. It’s my birthday month. Plus, I am not a fan of the cold in any way shape or form.

K. Kids? Three boys.

L. Life isn’t complete without? Hubs and my boys, books, the beach, yoga pants, and a yummy drink.

M. Marriage date? March 8, 2003

N. Number of brothers/sisters? 2 brothers, 1 step-sister (plus 2 awesome sils, 1 fab bil, and 1 lame one of each)

O. Oranges or Apples? Oranges. Especially the cuties, even though they’re supposed to be for kids.

P. Phobias? Losing one of my kids. Dying. Hubs or the kids getting sick/dying.

Q. Quotes?  “Sell crazy someplace else, we’re all stocked up here.” From As Good as It Gets. Even though I always misquote it and add a “Go” at the beginning. But seriously, y’all- we’re always all stocked up on the crazy here.

R. Reasons to smile? Snuggles from my boys, a kiss from Hubs, a good work day, digging my toes in the sand, starting a book I’ve been looking forward to

S. Season of choice? Spring. Or summer. Or even fall. Just not winter.

T. Tag 5 People. Diane, Emily, Rach, Tanya, and anyone reading this who wants to do it- say I tagged you!

U. Unknown fact about me? Ketchup totally freaks me out.

V. Vegetable? Sweet potatoes.

W. Worst habit? Putting off cleaning tasks until “tomorrow” and letting things spiral out of control. I have a plan of attack with our new house, though.

X. Xray or Ultrasound? I’ve had both- to check out babies, if bones were broken, and some lumps that turned out to be harmless.

Y. Your favorite food? I have a massive sweet tooth. But for a meal: Greek food.

Z. Zodiac sign? Cancer.

Comments

I don’t know what it is. I like tomatoes and tomato sauce. But ketchup- nope. My older brother used to squirt it all over the dishes when it was my turn to wash them- at least, when he was mad at me!

There’s a place back near home that makes the most amazing pb chocolate pie ever. I’m craving it!

Wow I haven’t done a survey in a long time – I may just have to do this!

I remember back when (I guess, ha) when you would email these out in the hopes that your friends would send them back.  I honestly don’t get email forwards anymore, kinda makes me miss them!
    Julie recently posted..April showers bring May flowers GNIMy Profile

Alison tagged me, and I am hoping to get my post up later today!  So far everyone I have seen has chosen July…no one likes cold dreary January :) Your answer to N cracked me up!  And snuggles from your little boys are the best!
    Natalie recently posted..Nine Months In, Nine Months OutMy Profile

January is way too cold.

As for N- well, everyone on my side of the family married well. ;)

Today is our last day of school, so this made for good timing with an easy post!

I did this list today too :)   Oh totally agree with your phobias, though I didn’t think of that at the time; especially something happening to my husband or kids, have way to many weird daydreams about that.
      So why does ketchup freak you out?
    Emmy recently posted..Old School Blogging: ABC’sMy Profile

I like the sour candy too, so good! And yes, the ketchup thing was totally out of left field but even though I like it, I cannot stand “old ketchup” like that has been sitting around on a plate or in the sink on dishes. Eww.

Thanks for playing along and linking up, sweet friend!

My older brother used to take ketchup and squirt it all over the dishes when he was mad at me and it was my turn to do the dishes. So GROSS.

These are fun, my friend- keep ‘em coming!

I haven’t found a recipe for one as good as the restaurant I’m thinking of, but I like to try!

We say that quote all the time, whenever someone outside our immediate family is trying to bring their crazy to us.

He’s a character. I think my favorite is when he’s joking but pretending to be serious and people have no idea how to take him.

Me, too! It still cracks me up that you can get such great Greek food from the Italian place.

The smell of ketchup makes me want to vomit. And I love all things tomato. I can eat ketchup (a little), but I can’t just smell it. I hate it when it is left on the dishes I have to load in the dishwasher! Yuck!

And there is truly nothing better than those first few pages of a book you have been wanting to read!
    Making It Work Mom recently posted..Our Baby’s BirthdayMy Profile

Yes- same here! I have no problem with other tomato products. It’s just ketchup!

I love reading these!  I am a cutires girl too and love my yoga pants!  And I can’t wait to be your almost neighbor in NC!  I hope the move went well.
    Ilene recently posted..If OnlyMy Profile

For some reason, we can’t always find cuties in the store. My boys are always bummed when we have to get another kind of orange.

We are getting settled into the new house. I think you’ll love it down here!