You Might Watch Too Much TV If…

A friend of mine recently asked what tv shows I watch. And I started spewing out my list and could not stop. Thanks to the beauty of the dvr and shows online and on-demand, it’s possible to never miss a favorite.

Can you identify with the following? If so, you might watch too much tv. Like I do. But hey, no judgement here. After all, you know what happens when the cable goes out? Babies are made. We don’t need any more babies in this house.

*Cheat sheet follows this list in case you aren’t a tv fanatic and don’t know which shows I’m talking about. Also, I’ll probably remember another 24 shows I need to add to this list after posting. Yes, I really do watch that much.

too much tv

1. You wish you had Emily’s wardrobe, house, and bank account, even if you think that maybe she could benefit from some anti-anxiety meds.
  2. You wonder which fairy tale character you might be, even if you don’t realize you really are one.
  3. You just want to freaking meet the mom already.
  4. You really hope that the cute brother isn’t the guilty one.
  5. You know their relationships are never going to work, but you still want to see who gets the final rose.
  6. You wish you could have had a dance teacher as cool as Michelle.
  7. You just want to know who A is. And enough with this there is more than one A crap.
  8. You know there will be good drama when someone new is at the top of the pyramid.
  9. You swoon over Neal and defend him by saying that he’s a bad guy who is at least trying to reform his ways.
  10. You wonder what the hell is wrong with Ted and Kristen that they can’t tell their daughter has been switched with a much nicer twin.
  11. You have an opinion in the George or Wade debate. Btw, Wade all the way.
  12. You’re a little bummed for a very short-lived series, but are thrilled that the Will vs. Micah quandry will be settled this week.
  13. You can always claim that you are emotionally stable because you can compare yourself to Whitney.
  14. You have had “The Wrong Song” stuck in your head for the past month and a half.
  15. You wonder how on earth Padma stays so thin and wonder how you could get into one of the big tasting events.
  16. You think the final tribal council usually votes too emotionally, instead of for the best player. Russell should have won twice, y’all.
  17. You wonder if we’ll ever find out exactly what happened on the island.
  18. You worry someone is going to capture Vincent.
  19. You’re waiting for a freak hurricane to hit Seattle Grace because that’s about the only bad thing that hasn’t happened to them.
  20. You’re a little frightened of Huck but also just want to give him a hug.
  21. You really want to know what Harvey and Donna do with the can opener and you sort of hope it’s something dirty.
  22. You can tell who is in serious trouble by the look on Tim’s face. You also think this whole team challenge thing needs to go away.
  23. You’re glad Sherlock can’t take too close a look at your life.
  24. You miss hearing “You know you love me. XOXO” every week.

1. Revenge 2. Once Upon a Time 3. How I Met Your Mother 4. Deception 5. The Bachelor 6. Bunheads 7. Pretty Little Liars 8. Dance Moms 9. White Collar  10. The Lying Game 11. Hart of Dixie 12. Emily Owens, M.D. 13. Whitney 14. Nashville 15. Top Chef 16. Survivor 17. Arrow 18. Beauty and the Beast 19. Grey’s Anatomy 20. Scandal 21. Suits 22. Project Runway 23. Elementary 24. Gossip Girl

What shows do you love to watch? Add to my list!

Comments

I definitely watch a lot of TV (I won’t admit to ‘too much’) because that’s subjective right?

Have you checked out the new one, Do No Harm? It’s awesome!
    Alison recently posted..Dear NutellaMy Profile

I started watching that one on the dvr this weekend, but didn’t make it through yet. I can’t wait to see it!

I actually watch less TV than I used to watch. (If it wasn’t for DVR, I probably wouldn’t watch any at all – love my DVR!) Right now I always tune in to Top Chef and I also love Glee. I also like Survivor and The Amazing Race when they are on, too.
    Kim@Co-Pilot Mom recently posted..10 Things in My PurseMy Profile

I can’t wait for Survivor this season! And Amazing Race, too. I’m still trying to figure out how they are having twitter voting for Top Chef since I assumed they already filmed the finale.

I didn’t think I watched alot of TV till I read this and knew a lot of the answers. I love Nashville and I downloaded the soundtrack so I can jam to “Wrong Song” in my car. Also I’m not feeling team challenge on Project Runway.
    Julia recently posted..A Good WeekMy Profile

Me, too! The finale is tomorrow night. I think there could be more to the story and it should keep going.

Gotta be honest I only knew a few of those.  Once I saw your cheat sheet I have heard of all those shows but don’t want most.

I love love Person of Interest– has Ben from Lost in it– it is such a good show!  Also watching Idol now that it is back on– but usually we watch a movie every night instead of TV

This post was lots of fun to read and guess the shows! I have no real rhyme or reason with my shows Revolution, Chopped, Family Guy, 30 Rock, Parks & Recreation, Jerseylicious, Chicago Fire….
    Debra recently posted..Meet This Chica!My Profile

I watch so much TV and knew so many of your references! What I’m watching that you’re not and I love: Big Bang Theory, Modern Family and New Girl for comedies. Dramas I think we’re pretty similar except that I watch some HBO/SHO shows as well!
    Marta recently posted..City Kids.My Profile

I watch Big Bang, too! Meant to put a Sheldon reference in here. ;)

I like True Blood but wasn’t thinking of it b/c it’s not summer yet!

I watch WAY too much TV. Just ask my hubby! ;)

My favorites are probably Big Bang Theory and Criminal Minds. I could watch them both over and over again. BBT makes me laugh, ALL. THE. TIME. Criminal Minds is just Awesome! Not to mention it has Shemar Moore in it, and he’s HOT. HOT. HOT! ;)
    Mich recently posted..I’M BAAACCCKKKK!My Profile

He really did play the best game. The jury voted out of anger and gave the game to people who didn’t deserve it.

I don’t know why, but I never got into Parenthood. Or Modern Family. I think because I watched one of each and thought they were the same show and it confused me. LOL

Chicago Fire looked good!

I watch way too much tv…..says the mom who puts harsh limits on her kids tv watching habits. But hey, I’m the grown up so I can be a do as I say not as I do parent in this case. We watch many of the same shows but I also like Blue Bloods and The Following.
    Twingle Mommy recently posted..Confessions on Challenging LifeMy Profile

LOL Yeah, my boys can’t watch this much. ;)

I have The Following on my dvr but haven’t watched yet!

I watch waaaaay too much TV.  We’re talking 20+ hours per week.  But it’s my escape!

Favorites are (in no particular order): New Girl, The Office, Parks & Rec, Scandal, Person of Interest, Elementary, Modern Family, Downton Abbey, OUaT, Chicago Fire, Survivor, The Amazing Race, Dancing With the Stars (my all-time guilty pleasure), Suits, Psych, Nashville, American Horror Story, The New Normal, Raising Hope.  I’m sure there’s more, but that’s all I can think of.

Oh, and 2 new favorites are The Following and The Americans.

Good grief, it’s a sickness, isn’t it?!

Oh, Raising Hope is so freaking funny! I need to catch up on that one!

I have The Following on my dvr but haven’t watched it yet.

okay – this is by far – the highlight of my day.  “Wrong Song” for the win – along with the rest of that soundtrack that I can’t seem to break :).  and also – bunheads :)

She really is. She was never nice but there used to seem like more of a reason for the mean things she’d say. Now, she’s just mean for no reason.

11. Angie says

How do you have time to read?! I will say I only watch one of the shows you listed, but that doesn’t mean the tv’s not tuned onto something – it’s just usually something hubs and the boys like (duck dynasty, finding Bigfoot, Alaska st troopers etc…)

Love it! I really don’t watch too much… Mostly Criminal Minds when I remember it’s Wednesday. But, I do channel surf, and have found myself wondering who will get the rose, even if I know I won’t be watching again the next week.

Love TV. In particular reality TV. I can’t miss Top Chef (major Tom crush), Project Runway (I agree about the group thing – why mess with a good show?), Survivor, Amazing Race, or Parenthood (oh you are missing so much by not watching Parenthood).

I also watch Cake Boss, Dance Moms, and the Cheer Show with my girls. And the DVR is the best invention ever!
    Heather recently posted..Is it Really Monday?My Profile

I really don’t watch that much TV anymore. I don’t have cable or DVR, so most the time I go to bed before anything starts. I really wanted to watch Nashville and watched the first 3 or 4 and then I got too tired! :-( I do have LB DVR The Pioneer Woman and I”m sitting here thinking, “Duh, why didn’t you ask him to do Nashville too?”
    Single Mom in the South recently posted..A WASP Goes to a Southern Bar MitzvahMy Profile

I literally just finished watching the first two seasons of Pretty Little Liars last night on Netflix.. I was so addicted to it that I watched the show on my phone any spare moment I had.. :) Now off to find the current season and catch up!

Ooh and I love Elementary!
    mrs.d recently posted..48My Profile

Love it! I laughed at some of the questions, because even if I don’t watch the shows, I apparently absorb wayyyy more than I think I do just by commercials…which means I don’t DVR enough so I can fast-forward through them. We do have a list of shows, but we watch nothing live, is that bad? And I do want to know who A is!!
    Dee recently posted..Giveaway winner to be announced later today!My Profile

SUITS!
    SCANDAL! GREYS! NASHVILLE! L&OSVU! The GOOD WIFE! SMASH!
    oh my goodness, I absolutely watch too much TV, these are only my absolute favorites, my DVR runneth over. ;)

LOVED THIS POST. Plus I am so excited that we watch a lot of the same things.
    Kir recently posted..The Path You Choose {Bree}My Profile