Things They Can’t Say: Soccer Mom Wisdom

This week has been soccer week here on Things I Can’t Say. Everything from soccer snacks, to soccer mom friends, to how you play the game. But it’s a well-known fact that I suck as a soccer mom. So I thought I’d let y’all take a turn sharing your soccer(or baseball or football or whatever sport) mom wisdom. What you love, what you hate, what you’ve learned.  And wow, did you come through. Everything from your kids learning the importance of teamwork to the idea that a new reality show could be created around soccer moms.

A New Soccer Mom

Picture 1 of 11

A month ago I became a soccer mom. After years of playing soccer myself, I love watching my daughter enjoy herself, even when they are losing. She young, she's happy. And as she progresses, I hope she remembers one thing, to have fun. And me? I also hope to remember too, it is all for fun. -Carolyn Hooked and Happy

What have you learned as a soccer(or other sport) mom? What do you love about it? What do you hate about it?

Comments

Love, love, love it, Michelle.  I love that girls are so well represented.  I love that the good, the bad and the ugly are represented.  I love being the voice of the “modified side.”  Great post, I hope that your Bear finds all of the positives always!
    Nicole DeZarn recently posted..Thankful for PerfectMy Profile

I am not a soccer mom but I am a soccer wife and a hockey wife and I have learned that nothing will be able to separate the player from the sport.  We are now up to 5 times a week he plays and there’s this ultimate dedication that he has to sports.  I can’t explain it but I actually can say I love it :)
    Julie recently posted..Thursdays at EightMy Profile

Wow! Such great advice and insight from all sorts of sports moms! Thank you so much for including mine :) I have to say, as a former team sport junkie (who more than once ended up playing with boys when the girls’ teams didn’t have enough players) it really is encouraging to see so many girls playing sports and being active!
    Hannah recently posted..It’s Not EasyMy Profile

Shell what a great collection of sports moms you have here. Thank you for having me as part of this wonderful group of sport moms. By this time next year I will be an all out sports mom with 3 of my 4 in some sport. I have a feeling my life is going to get hectic very quickly then.

Great info in this post! I’m a very, very new soccer mom in that my 3-year-old is 4 weeks into his first U4 rec soccer experience. It’s going…ok. I’ve learned that my expectations for him may be too high and that he’s having fun even though he’s not really following directions. I’ve also learned that all the other families seem to know each other already. I’ve already started to worry that we are “that family,” the one the others whisper about because our son zigs while everyone else zags. But then I remind myself, it’s supposed to be fun, and if D isn’t having fun, it’s not worth it.
    KeAnne recently posted..Ode to a Black and Decker Coffee MakerMy Profile

Fun post!  It really is quite the life being a soccer mom both good and bad at times.  Though I must admit I am looking forward to soccer season being over so we have a little more free time!
    Emmy recently posted..An Alligator PartyMy Profile

We didn’t do soccer this fall and I miss it. My son is playing peewee football and all the girls are dancing. With Crafty in a play, we just didn’t have time for one more thing.
    Sandy