Last week, I was invited to #DisneyontheRoad in Charlotte, a Disney Social Media Moms event put on by Mom Talk Radio and Disney Parks. I’ve heard fabulous things about the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration in Orlando, but haven’t had a chance to attend yet, so it was fun to get a little sneak peak into what that event might be like.
The morning was so inspirational and uplifting, leaving me with a lot to think about. We heard advice and inspiration on everything from blogging to business to personal.
Bits of pixie dust for thought, thanks to Maria Bailey, Shannon Miller, Laura Spencer, Katie Barnes-Harding, Marcelle Collins-Clyburn, Robyn Pallei, and Tiffany Krumins.
I’m a little shocked I wasn’t tossed in Twitter Jail for the amount of tweets I sent during the morning. Because tweets are today’s version of notes, I’ll share 12 of those sparkles of pixie dust with you so you can get a feel for what we were treated to at #disneyontheroad.
- Moms helping moms. Social media magnifies the power of mom.
- There are no do overs in social media via @shannonmiller96
- We nurture our business like we do our children. But we don’t value ourselves like others do. Needs to change!
- There’s always something positive in any situation, no matter how dire. Find the silver lining
- Are you making money or are you moving money around?
- Get a bad pitch? @MomTalkRadio reminds us all of them are a possible contact! Don’t just ignore!
- No one just blogs any more. Have to be involved in all areas of social media
- Embrace each other, learn from each other, and grow via @LauraSpencerOne
- Be the mom that you are supposed to be. That looks different for everyone.
- We have a huge power in social media and do not use it enough.
- You never know when you will find someone who has what you need or needs what you have.
- Live with gusto. It’s what we’re here for!
What an inspiring and positive event! The only problem I had came once I returned home and my boys thought I’d gone to Disney World without them instead of a Disney Social Media Moms event. They were convinced I was sneaking around with Mickey Mouse behind their backs and they were not happy. Ah, kids!
#DisneyontheRoad was a free event. I’m only blogging about it because it was such fun!