Sure, we all know those baby milestones to look for: first smile, first time rolling over, sitting up, crawling, eating solid food, walking, etc. That first year is so full of milestones that someone got rich over the idea of baby books to document them all(even if not all of us fill those out… ahem).
But as our kids get older, we don’t often look at every milestone. Sure, we love when our houses are finally diaper-free(celebrating one year of being diaper-free in my house- after having one or even two in diapers for close to 7 years) or when they start preschool or kindergarten, but I think there are a few lesser known(aka the ones that make mom’s life easier) milestones that should be celebrated.
- When all three kids can walk through a store without a stroller and without a cart and without running away.
- Even better when they won’t run away at an amusement park or the beach.
- When the oldest can make pb&js for himself and his brothers, without supervision.
- When they can be left outside alone for longer than 5 seconds(might only be for a few minutes, but it’s long enough for a mama potty break- ah, peeing alone!).
- When they can pour their own drinks without spilling.
- When all kids can get themselves dressed.
- When all kids can fasten their own seatbelts(we just hit this one this week!).
What milestone moments have made your life easier?