Pour Your Heart Out: Long Nights

If only it were this easy. Cub, 2 years ago

I try to sleep and I can’t.

I should be able to because it’s been a long day.

It’s always a long day.

Between work and the kids and all the daily stuff that needs to be done, I should be ready to fall right asleep at the end of the day.

Even the days that are full of fun activities are still long and exhausting.

But I can’t sleep.

My mind races with thoughts of the next day’s to-do list, with worries of things that might happen, things that most likely will never happen, regrets, and most recently some of the things that even I can’t say.

The thoughts are too loud for sleep to come.

So I read until my eyes are too tired to read another line.

Or watch tv until the clock reads an hour well past when I should be sleeping.

And then I try to fall asleep again.

But everything comes rushing back and I can’t get my mind to quiet.

The more I try, the more my heart will start to race.

So I turn the tv back on to some mindless show and close my eyes, focusing on the show’s dialogue to block out all my thoughts, and hope that if I keep my eyes closed long enough, I’ll eventually drift off to sleep.

And I do.

But as soon as something wakes me in the morning, I can’t fall back asleep, even if the clock tells me that there’s time. Because there isn’t enough time to go through my ritual again to get back to sleep.

So I get up and start my day, keeping busy to keep stressful thoughts away.

And then it’s nighttime and it starts all over again.

Do you ever have trouble falling asleep? What helps you to quiet your mind and be able to sleep?

Click if you want to find out more about Pour Your Heart Out. Remember, it’s about what you want to pour out: it’s personal, so there isn’t an assigned topic. It’s also about being supportive of others who are sharing: so visit other linkers and be kind with your comments. Please add the button from the sidebar or add a text link to your post if you are joining inIf you have any problems linking, please email me your link.

Comments

I am going through the same thing right now. My mind goes into overdrive as soon as I hit the pillow. I try to make lists to calm the crazy but that doesn’t help either. I even have free time on my hands this week and I can’t relax when it comes to bedtime. Good luck!! Maybe your body will just take over and get you back on schedule.
    Kristen recently posted..Summer Camp BluesMy Profile

Every single night. Every night. I’m exactly the same way. I think about all the things I should do. I worry about all the things I’ve said or haven’t said. **sigh** I feel like I’m going on empty.
    Kristen recently posted..RejectionMy Profile

I have no problems falling asleep. In fact, I do it when I’m in the middle of something else, like watching TV. Last week, I dozed off to find my hands still on my laptop!

I feel for you though. Really. Have you tried yoga and/ or meditating? Really good for relaxing.
    Alison recently posted..Never The Same AgainMy Profile

I used to take yoga all the time but have slacked. I’m headed to a yoga/meditation 4 day retreat at the end of the month and I’m hoping that will help get me back on track.

I’m getting better. Or at least I was. And I don’t really have anything that helps. Sigh. My kids sleep terribly, too, so I can’t imagine the amount of “restful” sleep I’m getting. We should be neighbors; at least we’d have someone to talk to.
    angela recently posted..Come With MeMy Profile

Some Nyquil and some whiskey get me to sleep. No, in all seriousness, I hate when my mind races too and I can’t sleep. My body almost vibrates and my head shakes and it can’t keep still. Damn insomnia!!

15 years in this mode, I don’t see it ending anytime soon.  Sorry, I’m no help in giving you hope.

I read a lot of fiction that is nothing like my life when I have trouble. I also pray a lot….nothing calms me than getting it all out and knowing I’m not in charge. :) Sleep problems are tough though. My husband is currently knocked out with sleeping pills next to me because he woke up at 2:30 am last night, unable to go back to bed at all because of worrying about work and money. Ugh. I hope you sleep well tonight!
    The Mommy Therapy recently posted..If You Ever Wonder What Your Six Year Old Would Think of The Bachelorette, Please Read On – PYHOMy Profile

I do try that with the reading, too. It helps until I put the book down. Prayer helps some but other times just makes my mind race more.

I’ve been stricken with insomnia this entire pregnancy. It truly, truly sucks and I have a whole new empathy for people who have trouble sleeping. I’m pretty sure this is/was hormone driven early on. Now it’s driven by the fire in my hips at 2 am.
    I hear melatonin works, list making (I love my Franklin Covey planner for this reason), meditation. When I’m having ugly thoughts that keep me awake I pray the rosary (sometimes I do it on my fingers). Don’t get me wrong, I’m a crappy Catholic as far as those things go but it is meditative and easy to redirect your thoughts when they wander.

Hopefully yours will go away after the baby is born(though that’s a whole different kind of insomnia then).

I feel like I’m constantly staring at the roof trying to shut my brain off. I’ve started taking Melatonin at night to help, and it does. I stopped because I wasn’t needing it but I’m back to taking it regularly again. I think all mom’s go through it, we just have to hope it’ll pass at some point. Hang in there.
    Amanda recently posted..Summer Secret Sisters; A Blog SwapMy Profile

Yes, I do the same thing! In fact, I have my phone by my bed and type out more and more to-do lists on my app. Usually around 3pm I am ready to crash HARD from exhaustion and a nap is required. I just wear myself out mentally, it isn’t even physical exhaustion. I keep wondering if I am doing too much….hence my PYHO….I gotta let some things go. but it is sooooo hard!!!
    Annie @ Mama Dweeb recently posted..WW ~ Scary Chuck E Cheese!My Profile

I try really hard not to be on my phone and definitely not my computer at that time of night- b/c I’ll end up working and then really get to sleep late!

I have trouble winding down at night. I’m a night owl and like the quiet. It makes it easier for me to get things done and to think, which will ultimately keep me awake. I do hope you are able to get some well deserved rest soon!
    Kimberly recently posted..It’s Not Always A Fairy TaleMy Profile

I don’t have a problem falling asleep, but I have a problem staying asleep. My mind is constantly running with all of the things I need to do, should have done, etc. If you find a solution let me know.

If I have trouble, I almost always can trace it back to worry about how I behaved that day, or about how something is going to transpire tomorrow. I might even play a mental movie of what I wished I had done, or how I would like something to transpire in an effort to let go of the concern.

I have a few other things that help. I’ll pray.

I’ll slowly, intentionally relax my body, from my toes on up, mentioning each part and feeling the letting go of the tension. At the same time, I will state that it has gone to sleep.

I will count backwards, slowly, starting with 100. I imagine writing the number 100, and draw a square around the it. Then I erase just the 100 and leave the frame, and write 99 within the frame. Erase just the number, write 98, etc. My mental movements are slow and methodical. I rarely get into the 80’s when I do this.

Having difficulty sleeping makes for a very long next day. I hope you are able to find some techniques that work for you!
    Kim recently posted..When there’s a fork in the road, eat croissantsMy Profile

That’s usually my default. Though sometimes it backfires if I really get involved in a storyline!

Lots of people are mentioning it.

Even though I know it’s a natural thing, I still balk at taking anything. I’m the type who won’t even take a tylenol unless I’m crying in pain.

Melatonin?  I always hear it recommended but haven’t used it.  I’m not a big worrier.  I’m not handling stress well (my blog post today) but falling asleep isn’t an issue.  Getting good, restful sleep can be an issue.  But I’m not one to get focused on what needs to be done, what didn’t get done, and all that.  I did what I could with the day, can’t do anything with tomorrow until it gets here, so the task at hand is to meditate, pray, and let go.
    Eternal Lizdom recently posted..Minimization: Fooling MyselfMy Profile

It seems like insomnia hits just when I most need sleep! I hate those nights. The next evening I have to be careful to stay awake long enough, because if I try to go to bed too early the same thing might happen again.
    Patricia P recently posted..This Is What Happens When…My Profile

Oh Shell, you just described every single night for me. Since going through the postpartum junk, insomnia has been my constant companion. Mama just wants one good night sleep. Sigh. Hoping you find a way to shut your brain off!
    Delilah recently posted..Some TruthsMy Profile

Have you tried melatonin?  It’s a natural supplement that helps with sleep.  Or, try ambien.  My brother takes it when he travels (he travels a lot) and it really helps him sleep.  I hope you can figure this out.  I hate when I can’t shut my mind off.
    Kmama recently posted..ScaredMy Profile

Lots have mentioned that. I’m a weirdo who doesn’t like to take anything unless I absolutely have to.

I know this sounds crazy, but if I can’t sleep I close my eyes and envision I’m a superhero. Like an X-Men or something. Sounds silly, but taking my daily chaos and replacing it with some bad-ass hero helps me to disconnect and relax a little.
    Michelle recently posted..I have asthma. Seriously, I do!My Profile

I’ve considered picking up a bottle.  Liquor, not Nyquil.  Although that would help, too :)

I’m a night person.  It’s when I can finally get some “me” time.  But I always have trouble falling asleep when I finally head up to bed.  We have a lot going on right now, and being a worrier, I have trouble shutting my mind down.  I wish I had actual advice for you, but at least you’re not the only one with this problem.

I’m headed to a meditation/yoga retreat at the end of the month and I’m hoping to learn from that!

I will wish for gentle answers to the questions that keep you awake. I will wish for you to be able to let go and know that life will unfold as it sees fit and that often intervention from us is impossible, unwanted, not helpful. I will wish for your lids to grow heavy and your mind to grow clear as you lie in bed tonight. I will wish for peace for you.
    Mel recently posted..American DreamMy Profile

And you have the added “bonus” of how hard it is to find a comfy spot when you are pregnant. Ugh.

I watch Sleeping Beauty which I’ve seen so many times acts as a very comforting white noise. But clearly, that’s very specific to me. I totally feel you on this.
    KLZ recently posted..My YOLO ListMy Profile

I do like to default to movies that I’ve seen before. I enjoy them but I don’t feel like I have to force myself to stay awake to see how they end and they do help me relax.

I know exactly what you mean! I’m there now. Bad sleep night and now I feel completely off with what I’m supposed to be doing/working on. It never stops, does it?

I pray and that seems to quiet my mind. I try my best to push my worries away. I’m thinking of writing them down in little pieces of paper and then putting them in a jar so that I can put a physical action to the mental one. I’ll let you know how that works…

oxoxox
    Sili recently posted..Seeking Comfort: My Biotrue® ChallengeMy Profile

I’ve had horrible sleep issues for a few years now. Stress is a dirty thing sometimes. I battled with it on my own for quite some time. I couldn’t take over the counter sleep aids to help me just get to sleep because it is just me and lil Duck right now. I am diabetic and when I do have low sugars it always seems to be at night. Dangerous cocktail that mix would be. Exercising helps some and there are times I am able to actually fall asleep but only for a few hours. Whether its a night plagued with dreams or just a few hours of quite sleep, my eyes pop open as if on an alarm at 3 am. I can be awake, not able to see a clock, and just KNOW it is within 5 minutes of 3am.

After 2 years, I finally FINALLY talked to the doctor about options other than sleeping meds. We found something and it is working. I don’t need it every night but when I do, it is enough to get me past that mind racing, mind dwelling, fear of the bad dreams precipice. I’m sorry you are dealing with this. I KNOW how miserable it is and how it affects EVERYTHING.
    Ducky recently posted..Sex, Drugs and AfroTasticMy Profile

Right there with ya!

Feel like I haven’t slept in 10+ more years. I have an extremely high tolerance to meedication so melatonin does nothing for me. Sometimes an Ambien doesn’t even do the trick. My body wants to sleep, my mind is racing (and I’m not a worrier — my mind starts thinking about an TV episode I saw, a recipe I’d like to try, the words to a song. Totally random stuff!). I try to start winding down around 8 PM. Get into my PJ’s, turn off TV, read a book, maybe put some lavendar body lotion on, use my sound machine, keep the bedroom nice and cool. I also find if I go to bed before my husband, I fall asleep faster. He snores horribly.

I’m really not a fan of taking anything unless I absolutely have to.

Maybe I should try going to sleep before my husband- he snores so loud he sometimes wakes himself up!

I’m going through this right now too and actually just posted about this too. I’ve gotten into a bad cycle of staying up way too late and not getting nearly enough sleep which makes me a super cranky person at times. I’m often up late working or else I just can’t quiet my mind either so I end up reading blogs until my eyesight is blurry. I’m trying to make it a priority to get to bed earlier (before midnight would be awesome!) but that never-ending to do list keeps weighing heavily on my mind. I’d love to hear some suggestions too!!
    Christine @ Love, Life, Surf recently posted..Conquering Fears in the PoolMy Profile

I am so insanely tired at night that I typically fall right asleep – unless I eat too close to bedtime.
    When I have trouble, I try to do what I tell my yoga students to do and let go of the thoughts by focusing on my breath.  When the thoughts persist, I write them down on a piece of paper and promise myself that I can worry about them tomorrow!
    ilene recently posted..Rebel TedMy Profile

I suffer from insomnia. I’ve been prescribed Ambien and Trazadone for it, but there is never 8-9 hours that I could sleep if I wanted to. So I never take it. But the Ambien does help when I have the time to take it.

Writing is how I quiet my mind. If I write it out, sometimes I can get it off my mind long enough to let myself drift into an interrupted sleep.
    Roxanne recently posted..Pour Your Heart Out: Bed-sharingMy Profile

i have the same problem! I try and try to sleep, but it just never seems to come. I have tried reading and watching TV too, but no such luck. I think one thing that does help me is writing. I get a lot of my posts written at night, and that usually takes my mind off things long enough for me to fall asleep. I hope you get some sleep soon!
    Jessica recently posted..Miss Me Now You Gotta Kiss MeMy Profile

Sigh. Insomnia is such a curse. I deal with it every once in a while. I’m currently in a state of utter exhaustion post-baby, so I find I sleep well whenever I am able to.  But I know once I stop waking up in the middle of the night and no longer need to be focusing all of my attention on a little baby, I’ll start worrying about the rest of the world and will fall back into my pattern of insomnia. Funny how that works. I sleep great when I can’t sleep because of my situation, and poorly when I could sleep all night.

Hope you get some rest!
    Laura @ Mommy Miracles recently posted..The Mom I Want To BeMy Profile

Good luck! My oldest was a horrible sleep so whenever he managed to sleep, I would fall asleep right away, too. Even it was the middle of the morning.

Shell, I feel your pain!  Sometimes I have trouble sleeping at night too.  My mind tends to race just like yours the minute my head hits the pillow.  Some nights I can fight it and other nights my thoughts consume me.  Last night was one of those nights.  I layed awake until just before 3am and had to get up to start the day at 7:30.  Have you ever tried melatonin?  I personally have not but I have friends that suffer from insomnia that swear by the stuff.  I hope you get some much needed sleep soon!

Theresa

Lots of talking about it in the comments but I’m not usually one to take anything.

I completely understand how you feel. I’ve been dealing with insomnia since January, but I’ve finally been able to return to normal sleep this last month. When I was having a hard time, I would take half a Melatonin or half Unisom (I’m really sensitive to medication). I would take the half Melatonin every other night, and if things were really, really bad, I’d take the Unisom on a weekend. I think something that has been helping me though is that I’m getting up early every morning now to exercise, not eating after 8:00, and giving myself a full hour to wind down before bed. It seems to be helping. I completely feel your pain. It’s awful!
    Suzie recently posted..R.I.P. – My Old LifeMy Profile

No naps for me. My kids don’t nap and they aren’t old enough for me to feel comfortable napping while they are awake.

This is how it’s been for me the last couple of weeks. My mind races with everything I haven’t done and then I end up waking up at 4 or 5 a.m. and I’m WIDE awake! I’ve been starting to pray and it’s actually helped. I have been falling asleep praying. =)
    Mimi recently posted..KOR Aura Water Vessel GiveawayMy Profile

Maybe I should try that. Sometimes praying makes my mind race even more because I’m talking out all my worries and I end up thinking about them even more.

Praying… honestly! It puts me to sleep before I ever get to the 2nd item in my mind list. I learned long ago that worry gets me nowhere quickly. At bed time I’m ready for the maybe 6 hours I will get. I make lists throughout the day of things I want to get done and I don’t even let my mind go there at bedtime. I have heard of people leaving a pen and paper by their bed so they can write the stuff down that is going through their mind. I have also heard that melatonin works, too. I hope you get some rest soon.
    Tayarra recently posted..The Good StuffMy Profile

I’ve tried though it sometimes makes things seem worse because I talk out everything that’s bothering me and it makes my mind keep racing!

I was having a terrible time earlier in the year and just could not get my mind to settle down. It got bad enough that my doctor finally suggested a low dose anti-anxiety med to take before bedtime and it is the best thing I ever did. It keeps my mind from spinning for hours and I sleep until morning and don’t wake up groggy.

I hate taking anything but maybe it’s time… I’m stubborn about taking pills.

• says

Yeah, pills suck and it’s also kind of scary to start taking them I think, but a good doctor will closely monitor you and try to help you wean off….I needed help sleeping for a few months when I was pregnant with Brooke because I every time I would lay down I’d break out into hysteria and hyperventilate….
        Not a Perfect Mom recently posted..You Know You’ve Been Married Too LongMy Profile

Sleeping is one thing that I have never really had a problem with… so I have no advice for you. Maybe melatonin which is all natural and aids in sleep would be helpful? Have you spoken to your doctor yet?

I hope that you get some much needed rest soon.
    Jackie recently posted..It’s All in the Pillow Giveaway!My Profile

My husband and I switch off with insomnia. His is worse than mine, I think. I don’t have any problem falling asleep usually, but if anything wakes me up, I usually can’t go back to sleep. And I’m a super light sleeper – any little noise wakes me. I’m sorry to hear you struggle with sleep issues too. Not fun and so frustrating. Now that I think of it, I need a nap right now!!
    Mary @ A Teachable Mom recently posted..Piggy, PiggyMy Profile

I am the same way! During this pregnancy I get tired during the day- but at night I’m wide awake… I have always been a night owl though. I always try reading/tv/praying to clear my mind… I take melatonin once in awhile (in the vitamin aisle) when I am not pregnant- It actually works really well to help my mind shut down and fall asleep faster- plus it is natural so I don’t feel I am taking unnecessary medicine.
    Lily recently posted..A Lil Baby Bumpage: 32 WeeksMy Profile

I’ve always been a night owl, too, though lately it’s been too late even for a night owl! I’m so hesitant to take any pills at all(natural or not) but maybe it is something to try. So many are suggesting it!

And then there’s my husband who says “Good night,” rolls over and is out in about 30 seconds. Not fair.

Wow, I do, A LOT. I think it is because our minds are constantly on, giving us feedback on the day, prepping us for tomorrow, waiting for the help call that might come.
    I started to make lists. This helps quite the mind a bit because I won’t be afraid of forgetting something. But more importantly, I started asking for more help from my husband and him stepping in has been wonderful.
    Carolyn recently posted..Open For BusinessMy Profile

39. Angie says

It’s rare that I have trouble sleeping. When I do I just either say the rosary or just the Our Father over and over until sleep comes

I’ve been struggling with this for about a year. The mind racing thing. The last two weeks have been the worst with the traveling, no power, and then my daughter’s surgery. I slept on the couch with her and got a stiff neck and then yawned while stretching and got a kink in my neck. No sleep two nights in a row. I am one cranky mom these days. I feel your pain. Praying we both get sleep.
    AnnMarie recently posted..So Many ExpectationsMy Profile

You’ve had so much going on! Hopefully you’ll be on a better schedule after things settle down!

Hmmm… maybe I should try cleaning the house- since that is something I hate to do. LOL

I usually have those days right before my monthly. I don’t know why they are so rampant and overtaking then but they are. Hot baths help me to just relax and let go of things. No sense laying in bed if you can’t sleep, even doctors have said that, to get up and away from the bed…
    Angel recently posted..Tuesday Schmoozday…My Profile

I should take more hot baths. I was doing that in the colder weather and it did help.

Ever since my 3rd pregnancy, I get this thing called “restless legs”. I doubt that’s an offical medical term, but it’s the only way I can describe it. I literally cannot keep them still. If I finally manage to fall asleep, but something wakes me up…..I have to start all over again. read, watch TV, blog, take a bath….whatever it takes to get me soooo tired that I can fall asleep. It’s brutal when you are home with 3 kids all day, and you are only getting a few hours of broken sleep a night. If I can keep a consistent excercise program, it definitely helps…….but other than that: I have no idea what the heck will help!
    I’d feel like a freak, but I know others who have the same thing.
    RoryBore recently posted..Quotable Bits # 27 – ImagineMy Profile

I could have written this. I’ve had sleep issues on and off for years but the last few have been incredibly rough. At one point I was taking Tylenol PM 5 nights a week. I eventually was down to 3 nights a week and then weaned myself off. I’ve used benadryl as well which a doctor had told me doesn’t have as many side effects. I gave Melatonin a try a few months ago and it really helped me fall asleep but no necessarily STAY asleep. It seems lately that I have to take more to have the same effect.
    Robbie recently posted..Miss or not?My Profile

I have no problem going to sleep. It’s the going to bed part I avoid lately. With my husband away 4 or 5 nights a week now I can hardly get myself to go to bed without him. It sucks, to put it eloquently. I just write, or work – which is writing. Or pretend to do laundry while watching Weeds. Or plucking my eyebrows. Or reading until I realize that my youngest will be up in 3 or 4 hours and I need 7.5 hours of sleep to be human. Or blog hopping and writing lengthy comments because I know I should be washing my face by now. Like now.
    Tamara recently posted..Streamlining Stress, Trimming the Internet Fat and Kicking Social Media A$$My Profile

It gets worse when my husband isn’t here- because then I freak over every little noise.

Oh girl…I completely know what you are going through. My anxieties use to keep me up all night and woke up at the crack of dawn. It was not fun and I felt sick to my stomach thinking of everything that needed to be done. I actually had to go to the doctor. It was also during the depression and it was terrible.

I am sure you have had people tell you about sleeping aids but those don’t work when you have so much on your mind. I hope you can get some sleep soon…love ya! :)
    Tammy recently posted..Thursday’s Connect Cafe – Link Up Your Social MediaMy Profile

Yes, yes, yes! I hate this. Every night. I wake up three to four times a night. Once my mind wakes just a tiny bit, it starts racing and it’s so hard to get back to sleep. Sending prayers for a restful sleep tonight!!
    Adrienne recently posted..I still love JesusMy Profile

It’s so frustrating when I finally fall asleep only to wake up a little while later.

YES. This is also me. I am sooooo tired this week because of not being able to fall asleep. And as an added bonus, my 3.5yo has started waking up with nightmares.

I find that if I can get myself to focus and do it, deep breathing helps me fall asleep. I just repeat in my head “iiiiiinnnnnn” “ooouuuutttt” as I breathe so I can’t think about anything else.

I hope you (and I) sleep better tonight!!!
    JD @ Honest Mom recently posted..A New Kind of Mom Guilt: Do You Ever Feel this Way?My Profile

Too often! I find that the more I need sleep, the harder it is for me to get there. Usually a half hour of tv clears my head pretty good, but somedays there no clearing it at all. Most of the time, I find it easier to nap than to sleep at night, but I know most people don’t have that option, and very soon I won’t either. I hope you get your sleeping back on track soon. Being tired all the time is no picnic.
    Ness recently posted..I Love: Celebrities, Babies, Boyfriends and SunshineMy Profile

Those nights are SO frustrating!  I started having them in pregnancy, and even now that my daughter sleeps through most every night, I still find myself up thinking, worrying, or just physically agitated.  Which makes the following day so challenging!  Some nights I wonder if I’ll ever sleep like I used to; go to bed, wake up once, and sleep until am.  I miss those days…  Good luck with your sleeping struggles; I hope you catch some recuperative rest very soon!
    Pamela recently posted..A Fairy Good TimeMy Profile

For women, much of the sleepless issue is hormonal. From about 40 on, hormones are in a flux, and they disrupt things. Melatonin sometimes helps, a glass of wine before bed can help too. I found I sleep best if I’m up until about midnight. Sad, but true. I pray when I’m in bed and just can’t sleep. I figure the time isn’t wasted. :-) clearly there are many women out here who feel your pain!
    mare ball recently posted..Wednesday’s Word 1My Profile

I occasionally have nights like that – one in particular recently kept me up almost the entire night. But you know what I really liked about this post? That you didn’t spell out a cure or a surefire list that works for you. Sometimes it’s nice to read a post where a blogger doesn’t give an answer. It affirms that we’re all human and that we don’t have the answers all the time. Best of luck with your sleep tonight!
    Erica {let why lead} recently posted..When Your In-Laws See You CryMy Profile

Oh Mind Racing… I use to do that – a lot. It can be debilitating. Cast your cares on the Lord. Cast the to-do-list on the Lord… Lay them at his feet, at his alter because these are HIS problems, not yours. That was so hard for me to learn and every once in awhile I get slammed with it but I just tell the Slanderer-Liar he has no place in my life. I’ll be praying for you. Have a wonderful day.
    Ms. Kathleen recently posted..Contentment: Are you afraid for your children?My Profile

I go through periods where I can’t sleep and I have never found a coping strategy other then medication.  I just take OTC sleep aids, I did jsut see a commercial for Zzzquil, which I will be seeing if it’s safe for pregnant women.  I hope you find a solution soon or are just able to sleep!

I almost always have issues sleeping. I tend to get all backwards because I can’t fall asleep until I’m so exhausted, and that often ends up being morning… then I have my days and nights mixed up. I go in cycles where I’m backwards.
    Jayme recently posted..AHHH It’s Friday the 13th!My Profile

This is beautiful, and honest and so important to share. I suffered PPD after my first, and it was before they prescribed any drugs to help. It does seem to just take time. So many women have experienced this, and it’s important to know that we are not alone. You did a great job here, I’m sure it was hard to write at times. God bless you!
    mare ball recently posted..Friday Flashback #1My Profile

I’ve always had trouble sleeping. My mind wanders at night. Lately I’ve been reading instead of watching tv and that seems to help. Also, when I keep a notepad by the bed and write down the thoughts running through my mind I seem to be able to sleep better, not worrying about whether or not I will remember those random thoughts.
    Jessica recently posted..Essence Of Now {A New Meme}My Profile

I have nights like that far too often. I try to keep a notepad by my bedside and write down everything I can think of before I go to bed. But sometimes as I try to drift off, my mind wanders to things I need to do or fears and anxiety about things I can’t control. So what I’m saying is, I know how you feel and I wish there was an easy solution…because sometimes, what I really need is just to sleep.
    Deb recently posted..‘We’re doing something important’My Profile

I’ve been really struggling with falling asleep at a decent time lately.  I rarely get to bed before midnight anymore.  I’ve always been a night owl, but it seems I stay up later and later each night.  Like you, my mind races about the things I need to get done tomorrow, or think to my blog and what to write next, or where I should visit, etc.  It’s ongoing.

I wish there was a way to turn our brains off.  :/
    Jamie recently posted..Gloria Ferrer Caves and Vineyard!My Profile

I work nights, so yeah, I have a ton of problems falling asleep. I hate when I just can’t turn off my head! I count my breaths sometimes but when I really need help I take melatonin. It’s a natural sleep aid, I figured out the dose for me that doesn’t make me wake up groggy.
    Anastasia recently posted..A Work of FictionMy Profile

1. [...] are scared or lose their confidence? How do you build resiliency in yourself and in your kids? {Linking up with Pour Your Heart Out at Things I Can’t Say} /* Tweet Filed Under: Family, Lessons, Life, PYHO, Sponsored [...]