Pour Your Heart Out: He’s There for Me

Hubs has to travel quite a bit for his job as well as sometimes working odd hours. But, it’s what he needs to do, so I don’t whine about it(too much).

Besides, he’s there for me when it counts.

Like last week, when he knew something was wrong, even when I just mumbled “I’m okay” after a run in with a clueless idiot. And he listened to me rant about it and agreed with me as I made up new cuss words to describe this encounter. And then he got the kids to bed so that I could take a bath and relax.

Then the next day, he took me on a date to a movie he most definitely did not want to see and was only one of about five guys in a packed movie theater. And even though even I thought the movie was boring, he didn’t complain and ask to leave, but humored his wife by staying and not complaining. Yes, we saw Magic Mike. And aside from a few cute eye-candy scenes, it was bo-ring. I know, I know, did I really expect a plot?

It really is the little things that make such a difference.

We’re coming up on 10 years of marriage. And I still feel so lucky that he came into my life.

Click if you want to find out more about Pour Your Heart Out. Remember, it’s about what you want to pour out: it’s personal, so there isn’t an assigned topic. It’s also about being supportive of others who are sharing: so visit other linkers and be kind with your comments. Please add the button from the sidebar or add a text link to your post if you are joining inIf you have any problems linking, please email me your link.

Comments

How sweet!! I wrote a post about my hubby too. Great minds think alike.

You are not the first person I heard from that Magic Mike was boring. I probably will just wait for it to come to Netflix.
    Jessica recently posted..You and Me.My Profile

I never would have thought that male strippers and good husband would go together, but they really do!

After seeing how few guys were in the theater, Hubs wanted bonus points for being there. LOL

I thought it would be fun and cute- but it moved really slowly and the acting was bad.

You’ve got yourself a real Keeper. It makes life so much easier to have someone who will listen to your rants, and support and encourage you. Congrats on your upcoming 10th Anniversary.
    Tara R. recently posted..Münchausen by InternetMy Profile

He is, though now I’m wondering if he’d really want to ‘fess up to seeing that movie…

I’m so sorry that happened to you. I missed that on facebook. Some people are just too stupid to be walking free and at some point I truly hope natural selection takes over. You did good mama, I’d have probably made a scene and made the situation worse. Good job hubby, for knowing exactly what to do! And y’all are so cute together. I love the pic :)
    Delilah recently posted..Lessons Learned from the Past: Fourth of JulyMy Profile

Oh, how this made me laugh!

I thought about writing the whole stupid encounter out, but it still makes me furious to think about all this crazy person said. Can’t type it all out without shaking, still.

Yea!! Yea for a good husband who is there for you and supports you.  So glad you have him in your life.  You are the second person that I heard that said Magic Mike was kind of boring- due to lack of plot.
      Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July.
    Emmy recently posted..Fighting For My God Founded CountryMy Profile

Any woman who has a man who can “read” her like your hubs can read you is lucky.  If he can read you and take actions to support you, even luckier.  You definitely have a keeper – but from what I know of you from reading your blog – he’s pretty lucky too!
    ilene recently posted..The Battle Between Fierce And EvilMy Profile

I agree with you. It’s most definitely the little things… Those moments that just make you smile and appreciate what you have!!! Happy almost 10th anniversary. Oh, and I actually liked Magic Mike… but maybe because it is set in Tampa and Ybor City, places the hubby and I love and have meaning to us.
    Susi recently posted..I pledge allegiance…My Profile

I just linked a post from June, “I’m such a bad mom” its about the day my husband was deployed to Afganistan. I wanted to blog today on our first month away but just can t seem to bring myself to bring up these feelings. Glad you have a supportive husband! I do too and that is what makes him being gone so difficult!

Wanda www.
    recreateanddecorte.com

He’s a good man to take you to see that.  Hahaha.  I saw one of the ecards on Pinterest it says:  I promise honey it’s just movie about a magician named Mike.  Hahahaha.
    Lourie recently posted..Don’t Tread On Me…My Profile

OH see I saw that this weekend and loved it . I think when you think about his realization that the lifestyle was not what he had hoped. Growing up and coming to the truth that he had much more in his life than stripping, he wanted someone who loved him for him, not because he took his clothes off. you definitely have a keeper on your hands
    Angel recently posted..I survived 72 hours without internet access …. barely…My Profile

Yeah, I got the point, I just think it was slow.A comedy plot would have worked better, I think.

This is exactly what I love about being married.  In fact I wrote a blog post very similar to this one that I haven’t published yet.  When my car battery died and left me stuck at work my husband came and rescued me.  I never had to think twice about who to call.  I love that your husband sat with you through that movie.  That’s one thing I don’t think I’d get my husband to do!
    Karen recently posted..Monday Quiz About Me- July 2My Profile

Still months away, but with how fast time seems to fly, it feels like it’s almost here.

I went out with the girls Sunday night to see MM, and I think the experience was better than the movie itself…which, I’m sure, will amass a huge cult following and become the awesomely bad movie one must see. I was laughing so hard at the women who were hooting and hollering like they’d never seen either a naked man or a stripper…I swear I almost peed my pants listening to those women…so a fine time was had by us gals!
    Not a Perfect Mom recently posted..No More T&AMy Profile

It is so reassuring to have someone in this world that gets us. I’m so glad you found yours and I am so sorry that you ran into someone as clueless as that woman. I once had someone tell me good nutrition, my boys would “grow out of CF”. I just did a post on things people should not say to moms of kids that are battling something. I wish that woman would have seen it.
    AnnMarie recently posted..The Ants Go Marching…My Profile

Sometimes it’s my husband doing something with me that I know he has no interest in that really means the most to me. Though I don’t think he woudl sit through Magic Mike. Congrats on 10 years.
    Julia recently posted..It’s Not About You AnymoreMy Profile

Great post!  He’s a keeper!  I love my DH too and he’s always doing fantastic things for me and being my all around best friend.  He has to travel a lot for work too.  He’ll be in Colorado next week.
    Heather recently posted..July Garden UpdateMy Profile

Such a sweet husband!  Mine works a lot and varied schedule and it can get obnoxious but he is there when I need him.

I didn’t expect much out of Magic Mike!  Big points your hubs for sitting through it!

You have a good one there. A man who’ll go see Magic Mike with you is pure gold indeed.

My BF and I took our husbands to see Sex and the City. At one point, my hubs looked around and whispered or more like yelled because he doesn’t know how to whisper, to his friend, “Check it out. We’re the only dudes in here.”

A few weeks ago, I was having a very sad day because I got a really harsh rejection. My hubs knew how much it devastated me and he walked in that night with a pinky pink Michael Kors purse.

Congratulations on the upcoming anniversary and nabbing such a wonderful man.
    joann mannix recently posted..A Mishmosh of TalesMy Profile

Sorry I missed this one while our power was out. You’ve got one great husband there, Shell. Not just because he listens to your rants but because he loves you enough to go see that movie. I mean truly, I don’t know if there is love any deeper than that! ;-)
    Kristen recently posted..Misery Loves CompanyMy Profile

Your husband is sweet. Well we men could really endure a boring movie we’re not interested just to please our women. I see that in your husband. He sure loves you, it shows.