A Perfect Excuse for Yoga Pants

toyota women Not that I really think anyone needs an excuse to wear yoga pants….

I didn’t start wearing yoga pants as part of a “mom uniform,” I started wearing them when I started to practice yoga, years ago.

A friend convinced me to give it a try. At first, it seemed sort of odd, since I had a hard time staying quiet and focusing on my breathing. And in some sort of paradox, I thought it was not a good workout(how could holding those poses possibly be doing anything?) and too hard(ouch, I can’t do that pose or that one!) at the same time.

But, I kept going anyway.

And eventually fell in love with it.

As I practiced more and more, I gained flexibility, confidence, and yeah, it sounds cheesy, but it’s true peace.

And wow, was I in amazing shape! Anyone who says yoga isn’t a good workout hasn’t given it a fair shot.

I even started to think about becoming certified to teach yoga.

Of course, after having kids, I wasn’t able to go right back to taking all the poses to the level that I had been able to before. And other times, it was a struggle to even get to class.

So, my yoga pants became more something I wore because they are comfortable than because I needed them to practice.

But still, I have a love of yoga.

So when a member of the Toyota team introduced herself on the first night of TWIN Camp and mentioned that she helped with different events Toyota sponsors, like a festival with yoga and wine, I may have been just a tad over-enthusiastic about hearing more about it. Here is where I should probably apologize for grabbing her hand and yanking her to me. I blame the wine.

The festival she was talking about is Wanderlust. “Wanderlust is a one-of-a-kind festival bringing together the world’s leading yoga teachers, top musical acts and DJs, renowned speakers, top chefs and winemakers, and much, much more — all in a setting of breathtaking natural beauty.”

A few of the TWIN bloggers had the opportunity to go to Wanderlust Colorado at the beginning of the month and a few are heading to Wanderlust California this week. I’m thrilled to have been asked to attend this week!

I’m all signed up for four days of yoga, hikes, and meditation. Maybe this will help with those sleep issues I’ve been having lately. I’ll be getting my inner yogi on ontop of a mountain and even on a slackline(where I will probably fall on my ass, but it will be a ton of fun to try).

There’s even a WINEderlust at the end of the day at this festival.

My cutest yoga pants are all packed and ready to go. Such a perfect excuse to wear them!

Have you ever tried yoga?

Disclosure: I was selected for participation in the TWIN community through a program with Clever Girls Collective. I did not receive any compensation for writing this post, or payment in exchange for participating. The opinions expressed herein are mine, and do not reflect the views of Toyota.

Thanks for sharing! Share on Facebook1Tweet about this on Twitter3Pin on Pinterest0Share on Google+3Email this to someone

Comments

Wow! Totally amazing…you will have a wonderful time! As a Personal Trainer, I can say the benefits of yoga are amazing and you do find a since of inner peace and relaxation when doing it.
    Have fun, I can’t wait to hear about it.
    Jenny recently posted..First little dude…My Profile

I am writing this in my most favorite yoga pants, mainly because they’re generously cut and the tag size in the back of the pants makes me smile every time I put them on. It may be a false sense of happiness, but still…

Girl, wine and yoga? Whoa, that is my kind of fun exercise. Have a wonderful, wonderful time. And you look totally hawt in your yoga pose up there.
    joann mannix recently posted..A Mishmosh of TalesMy Profile

My AC is still not fixed, so yoga pants are too hot for me right now. Ugh.

I can’t wait for this event! :) Don’t you want to hop on a plane and meet me there?

i havent tried it but it sounds fun..ama try it,i always thougt my cousin was crazy as she would buy yoga clots,books and research about it and stuff but few days ago i visited her nd i found the book very interesting..thanx for this post…:)

Oh, that’s not true at all! I was in my best shape ever when I was doing yoga all the time. I think results are probably seen a lot slower because it’s not cardio, but it’s definitely worth adding to a workout routine.

That sounds like an absolute dream!!! I started taking yoga classes almost 2 years ago and I love how the practice has strengthened my body and my mind. I try to go to class 2x a week. I need a class right now, desperately! Have fun ;~)
    Kerry Ann @Vinobaby’s Voice recently posted..Swim for SurvivalMy Profile

I have tried Yoga twice. Both times, I needed the paramedics. Unfortunately, I am as flexible as a man. Ugh. And you rock those yoga pants. I need them two sizes smaller so it sucks in about 20 pounds. LOL

It took a long time for my flexibility to get to a good point. At first, I had none!

I used to do Yoga and loved it! Like you, my yoga pants are for daily wear and not so much exercise but I can’t wait to get back into it. That trip sounds heavenly! I have always wanted to go to something like that. You have to tell us how it was when you get back. Maybe I’ll finally have the guts to go to one after hearing about it.
    AnnMarie recently posted..Beauty in ChaosMy Profile

Trying to find time for it is definitely a problem. I’m thinking maybe once the kids are in school this fall…

I’m terrible at doing any exercise at home- I always find a reason to put it off!

It took a long time for me to get to that point instead of seeing it as something sort of silly. ;)

I’m not sure what yoga pants are. :-) I have tried yoga and I enjoy it. It’s VERY relaxing. I love the stretching benefits the most. I was a Zumba girl, though. I love it, but my gym stopped offering classes, so I’m just back to the treadmill.
    mare ball recently posted..Heartbreak….againMy Profile

NO WAY!!! I am so excited for you!!! What a treat and I mean that. It is one thing to go to a blog conference and network and get to learn new things for your business but this…this is all about YOU and finding a happy place. I seriously think that yoga is the best exercise for the mind and body. I know it has helped calm me when nothing else can.
    I hope you have an amazing time and I can’t wait to hear about it!!!
    Kristen recently posted..Self ReflectionMy Profile

I feel almost guilty for going- b/c there really isn’t any purpose to this but just time for me. But I’ve decided to try to squash the guilt and just enjoy!

Yay for you! Sounds like you have some fun times coming your way :)

I tried Yoga for the first time when I was pregnant with my daughter. I felt so much better with that pregnancy than I did with eithr of my other 2. I really think the Yoga helped! Now, if only I could find the time and money to go back to it. Oh and the Yoga pants were very comfy to wear while pregnant!

*stopping in from Sits :)*
    Erin recently posted..Mission Possible – Book Give AwayMy Profile

I loved doing prenatal yoga! I did it with my first and second.

I thought maybe it would help make my labor easier but my yoga teacher was pregnant at the same time as me and she had a painful and long labor, so there went that theory!

Enjoy!! I wish I could get back into yoga (and had the time to do it.) I loved it for a while, and then it’s like my brain started moving too fast. I would get into savassna (spelling?) at the end and all I wanted to do was get up so I could get back to the car and bust out the Iphone and check email, etc. Probably a sign of how bad I need to unplug…if only I could shut my brain off, I’d be back on the mat in a heartbeat!

Hope you are doing well and having a good summer…haven’t talked to you in forever!! Have a great trip!
    Mary recently posted..I’ll Blog When I Damn Well Wanna BlogMy Profile

I totally understand! The first class that I’m taking on the first day is “how to sit on your ass and do nothing.” Because I definitely don’t know how to do that any more.

This summer is crazy with work and the kids! This is a much-needed break!

Hope you are having a good one- I check in with some of your posts- you get the craziest commenters over on the stir. LMAO

I took yoga in high school when it was the thing that everyone did. I liked it, but I never really got into it beyond just wanting to be a part of what everyone was talking about. I’ve been wanting to for some time now to find a way to get back into it. So many people I know love it, a lot. I just need to finally get my butt out the door, my butt that is already in yoga pants anyways =)
    Marta recently posted..What I’m Not Telling You: Part IMy Profile

I’m finding the same thing- I can’t just go right back to how I was with it before. It’s taking time.

12. robin says

i Love yoga pants but never have tried yoga….I’m afraid I can’t sit that long. I can’t concentrate. I’m old. I’m not flexible. LOL…..

Oh! That sounds so exciting! I’ve never tried yoga. I once bought a pilates dvd… for pregnant people – when I was pregnant. but I never did it. Oh… that sounds terrible.  Anyway – Maybe sometime. But – the opportunity sounds amazing! Have fun!
    Kristen recently posted..The Great Debate:15.32My Profile

14. MommaKiss says

I’ve tried yoga. Tried. I’m not very good at it.

Have fun woman. You deserve it.

Have a BLAST! Enjoy yourself to the MAX!
    I am going to join a yoga studio.  I need something to help get me centered and focused. I tried yoga before and it really do wonders.
    Mariann recently posted..20 Years Already?My Profile

I have tried yoga, but just on my own with a DVD at home. I haven’t been part of a group with an instructor to show me what I am doing wrong and right. My problem is I am so not flexible and coordinated. I need to find a class for pre-beginners just to get started. LOL!
    Lynda Schrader recently posted..TragedyMy Profile

I have only recently heard of this festival but would absolutely LOVE to attend next year. And you’ll have the chance to see Ziggy Marley; he is amazing! You are going to have oodles of fun… I can’t wait to hear all about it. And lounging around in yoga pants for a full weekend sounds like perfect bliss for me, too.

I started taking Bikram a few years ago but started practicing yoga in high school. I really miss it (hatha, vinyasa, etc). I should really return. As much as I love Bikram, it’s too hot for me to do in the summertime.
    Charlotte recently posted..if money were no objectMy Profile

1. [...] the milestones that go along with raising a family, I’d have to say that getting to attend Wanderlust California for the past several days was by far one of the coolest experiences of my [...]