Memories Captured: A Summer of Splashes

I gave birth to fish.

They like to swim at the pool, jump into the ocean, run through sprinklers, and of course shoot each other with waterguns.

We’re only a few weeks into summer vacation, but it’s apparent that this year will be a summer of water.

Beach towels, sunblock, a cooler full of drinks, flip-flops, and water toys go with us almost everywhere.

Enthusiastic play, giggles, the occasional splash fight, and even rare quiet moments near the water.

Even though going to the beach with kids is so much harder than it was pre-kids, it’s still so much fun! Exhausting, but fun.

Do your kids love the water?

life rearranged

Linking to Memories Captured with These Little Waves and Mama Wants This for Memories Captured: link up thru Friday night for a chance to win a video camera from ThisLife. Also linking with Jeannett from Life Rearranged for Insta-Fridays since all photos were taken with instagram and also because I got a chance to hang out with her at TWIN and she’s awesome, y’all.

Thanks for sharing! Share on Facebook1Tweet about this on Twitter3Pin on Pinterest0Share on Google+0Email this to someone

Comments

Oh, cute cute cute pictures! My two boys are total fish too, and that’s one of the reasons I love summer so much! We all love to swim… and spend as much time as possible in the pool!
    Loukia recently posted..The Comfort ZoneMy Profile

Love the water. All my kids are beach babies. They love the pool as well. They are fishes too! We should do a beach date one day, if you are up to it, with all the kids. That would be FUN! My boys would love to have some other boys to play with. Their sister can become annoying. LOL.

I have to curb the water gun thing some- our rule is they can shoot each other all they want and anyone else with a watergun, but no one else. “No shooting an unarmed kid.” LOL

Have you tried the puddle jumper with your little one? I bet he’d love the water in it!

When they were younger they like to live in water. Now that they are grown, some of them don’t. But Summer time is pool, beach and any kind of water time for the kids. So much fun. Love the pictures.
    Sela Toki recently posted..SuperstitionsMy Profile

You definitely have some water boys for sure. Will definitely loves the water and Eli seems to really enjoy it as well. Sounds like you are going to have one exciting and busy summer Shell!
    Jenny recently posted..soccer days…My Profile

I have a family of fish here too. They love the water, and since I’ve always loved it too, that makes me happy. We are always in the pool or at the beach in the summer. And you’re right, doing this with kids is exhausting, but so much fun!
    Kimberly recently posted..BrothersMy Profile

Wish our pools weren’t private clubs or that lived closer to the beach.  I know my kids would live in the water if they were given a choices.

I remember I was 12 when I moved Hawaii.  I spent every minute I could at the community pool and/0r beach.

Thankfully, there is a reasonable public pool near us. The private ones are insane.

Can’t begin to image living in Hawaii! Would love that!

My kids want to be there every single day. Thankful for a reasonably priced one nearby!

It really is! And right near the water, I have to be offline. It’s a good excuse.

I think it will be that way- they’ll think of the water when they think back on childhood.

Keep trying! And I’ll once again be a puddle jumper pusher- those things are awesome for toddler/preschool age.

My oldest just recently decided he likes the ocean. Before this summer, he loved to play in the sand, but didn’t like the water at the beach.